can i do this?

Buzzdar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
USA
right now i have a 1000.2 dish i have two cables coming from my dish to the inside but i dont want to have to run another cable from the dish to set up another receiver but i have a dp44 i could use is it possible that i connect just one cable to the switch so i can add another outlet from the dp44 making three outlets or do i have to connect both cables that are coming from the dish for this to work

Jeez, Buzzdar, where is the punctuation, like periods????

Your 1000.2 has a built in switch that can handle up to 3 cables or receivers. You must have at least one cable to each receiver. It doesn't sound like you need a DP44 at all.

I am sorry. I know i dont need the dp44 but can i use it the way i described. i dont want to have to get to the dish and run another cable through the yard?

I am sorry. I know i dont need the dp44 but can i use it the way i described. i dont want to have to get to the dish and run another cable through the yard?

No, the cable to each receiver has to go directly to the dish, you can't use a switch like it was a splitter.

you can use a DPP44 switch but the issue is you need 3 lines from the LNB...one for each orbital slot (110/119/129)

2 lines from the LNB will only get you 2 sats..assuming its 110 & 119

Last edited:
what is the point of that switch then?
The 1000.2 can feed at most 3 duo receivers. If you plug all 3 lines into a DPP44, then you can feed 4 duo receivers, and cascade another DPP44 off the first and feed 4 more, and so forth.

The 1000.2 can feed at most 3 duo receivers. If you plug all 3 lines into a DPP44, then you can feed 4 duo receivers, and cascade another DPP44 off the first and feed 4 more, and so forth.

The problem is that his dish is not next to the house and he only has 2 cables coming from the dish to the house. He wanted to use the DP44 at the house and he can't get all of his LNBs that way.

Thanks, Dish and CMT, we had a great time.

charlie chat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts