Are you planning to upgrade to the iPhone 16

I wonder if the latest threats of high import taxes on the iphone and other Apple devices will ruin sales?

In preparation for this new tax, I ordered extra Chinese made LFP batteries for my lawn care equipment. This stuff including Apple products isn't getting any cheaper with inflation either.
It is important to note that these "threats" may only be realized if DJT wins the presidential election.

Any country outside the United States and its possessions could be subject to trade tariffs.

Apple stuff has always been overpriced (other than the headphone adapter dongle and maybe AppleTV+ -- if it appeals to you).

Apple customers have proven time and again that price isn't a primary consideration. If it were, Apple wouldn't have been printing money all this time.

My one Brother-in-Law had a iPhone 13 with a battery bordering on 80% of original capacity so he asked me if he should go to Batteries Plus to get it replaced (he had a $30 off coupon). I mentioned that battery replacement on the iPhone 13 is through the display panel which requires destroying the waterproofing seal between the front glass and the frame rails, plus disconnecting multiple ribbon cables. I suggested taking it the Apple Store to have the replacement done as Apple would reseal the front glass and provide a better warranty afterwards.

Then I mentioned that his iPhone was worth $250 in trade for an iPhone 14 or 15. He had thought about it since if he replaced the battery, he would still have a four year old iPhone. He surprised me by getting the iPhone 16 instead. After setting up his new phone, he commented how much faster accessing his email was. I believe the amount of RAM has quadrupled between the 13 and the 16, so that could factor in.

But, he had to get a new Otterbox case. None of the control buttons matched up.

iOS 18, what did you think?