Are you planning to upgrade to the iPhone 16

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
We have a new offering again this year in a standard, Pro and Pro Max iphone 16.

I upgraded last year from the 11 ProMax to the 15 ProMax and it was well worth it as it gave me some highly desired new features, mainly the ability to shoot in the latest Apple Spatial 3D video. I have shot quite a few 3D videos with the 15PM and the 3D as viewed on my Meta Quest 3 is great and I have seen some of my 3D videos on the Apple Vision Pro at the store demo.

The new 16 PM seems to only offer a couple improvements over the 15 PM that may be of interest to some if they are using their iphone as their main tool daily.
1. the new action button can also set the camera settings such as focus and shutter speed on the fly.
2. Battery lasts a few hours longer.
3. 4K 120 for extra slomo
4. 5X telephoto with zoom on the action button
5. AI for improved siri conversation requests to add instant info about photos

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeUWRJdYD2c

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNvLrTdDZzA

I am in the annual upgrade program. Process already started on the 16 Pro in Natural Titanium. Order to be completed Friday morning.

I am thinking about it, I currently have an iPhone 13 Pro Max Its about time for an upgrade. I will probably go with the 16 Pro Max, just because I want the bigger screen size.

Already have family members asking what the cost would be for mine and Mrs Pepper's 14 Pro Max so probably will be upgrading. The camera features look really nice.

Not sure how useful that new camera button will be as I always have mine in a case. The Apple case is supposed to work with it, but I don't generally buy their cases anymore.

Reactions: TheForce
Not sure how useful that new camera button will be as I always have mine in a case. The Apple case is supposed to work with it, but I don't generally buy their cases anymore.
I think the new camera button will just be an additional way to accidentally open the camera app.

But I do like that it’s physically larger than my current 15 pm the larger screen is also nice but I think I will wait.

I think it is mostly us old folks buying them. I don't actually buy mine, make monthly payments for a year and then send it back when the new one arrives.

I'll tell you one thing that caught me by surprise: the sheer number of posts here where all the people who make the videos decided theirs should be about Apple products this week.

I usually get the previous generation iPhone for $100 off the old list price. Mrs. Foxbat and I both have the iPhone 13 (I’ve had mine for a few years while we upgraded her iPhone 10S last year). My iPhone 13 is still doing everything I need or want it to do, and its speed is still fast, plus the battery is still at 88% and easily lasts a day of my typical phone use. At this point, I’m good.

Reactions: rvvaquero
Will I upgrade to a 16? No.

I will continue to use my iPhone 8 Plus because I like the home button on the bottom front. I realize that the 16's "action" button can be programmed to be similar to the home button, but its on the side.

Also my 8 still serves my needs just fine. When it breaks or the battery wears out I will probably get a used phone that is a few generations old.

I will continue to use my iPhone 8 Plus because I like the home button on the bottom front. I realize that the 16's "action" button can be programmed to be similar to the home button, but its on the side.
I loved my iPhone SE (1st gen) and thought I needed the home button. I went to the iPhone 13 and it took me about five minutes to get used to swiping up from the bottom to accomplish the same thing as the home button. Face recognition is much faster and more accurate than the finger print reader.

You do know that you can get a new iPhone SE (2nd gen), which is basically the same chassis as the iPhone 8 standard but has modern chip, memory, and radios with 5G for $429 from Apple or less elsewhere? If you just have to have that footprint. iPhone SE

I loved my iPhone SE (1st gen) and thought I needed the home button. I went to the iPhone 13 and it took me about five minutes to get used to swiping up from the bottom to accomplish the same thing as the home button. Face recognition is much faster and more accurate than the finger print reader.

You do know that you can get a new iPhone SE (2nd gen), which is basically the same chassis as the iPhone 8 standard but has modern chip, memory, and radios with 5G for $429 from Apple or less elsewhere? If you just have to have that footprint. iPhone SE
I knew about the iPhone SE with the home button, but its screen is smaller than my 8 Plus (4.7" vs 5.5").

Its not just the home button keeping me with my 8 Plus. It suits my needs and I have no need for 5G (yet) or any new features, especially since I don't use my phone very much.

But for those who spend a good portion of their day working with their phones, I can see why they would want to have the latest.

Will you buy an Apple Watch?