AL CENTRAL

In a Detroit Free Press article, he seemed to take the release in stride, kind of like he figured it was coming. When you have 14 million coming to you, I dont think you would be to upset. He mentioned in the article that he would check out Tampa Bay, being close to home.

With the trade the Tigers Made yesterday to get the Atlanta Outfielder (cant remember his name right now) that made Shef expendable. The new outfielder will be on the opening day roster according to Domborowski

In a Detroit Free Press article, he seemed to take the release in stride, kind of like he figured it was coming. When you have 14 million coming to you, I dont think you would be to upset. He mentioned in the article that he would check out Tampa Bay, being close to home.

With the trade the Tigers Made yesterday to get the Atlanta Outfielder (cant remember his name right now) that made Shef expendable. The new outfielder will be on the opening day roster according to Domborowski

Josh Anderson from Atlanta...

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=28870"]Josh Anderson Stats, News, Photos - Kansas City Royals - ESPN[/ame]

Woah. Just realized the guy was 1 homer away from 500!

I hope like hell no one ever signs him again and he never ends up with the 500 milestone. That would be perfect redemption for the complete jack-ass he's been throughout his career. Good riddance Sheff. You won't be missed by THIS baseball fan! Peace!!!!

AMEN! AMEN! I SAY TO THEE!!!!!
that little "f*&k you" to him one shy of a major milestone is just th Baseball Gods getting back at him for being the head on the pimple on the ass of baseball 's biggest jackass!!!!

Sheffield is gone, and the Tiger's may be better for it. It gives them a bit of defensive maneuvering, and opens a spot on the roster for Larish, a much needed left-handed bat with pop. It also probably would end the Thames trade rumors, because I can't think of a better way to get his big bat into the line-up everyday than the DH, which is now open.

In other news - a trade involving Ryan Raburn for reliever Brian Stokes (Mets) fell through. it looks like the Mets changed their mind on this, and will be bringing Stokes, North with them.

Zumaya was placed on the DL, he's recallable April 11th. The Tigers won't be rushing this valuable arm.

Kyle Bloom (a Rule 5 draft pick) was returned to the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Something smells funny with the Willis matter. The Tigers claim that their doctors discovered Willis' "anxiety disorder" through blood tests. Yesterday a couple of noted psychologists told the Detroit News that this isn't possible. The league did approve the Tiger's move of Willis to the DL. Hmmmmm.

Clete Thomas and will Rhymes were sent to the minors, as the Tigers continue paring their roster for opening day.

The Tigers are still exploring other trades, no word on who they may be pursuing, or who may be on the block.

AMEN! AMEN! I SAY TO THEE!!!!!
that little "f*&k you" to him one shy of a major milestone is just th Baseball Gods getting back at him for being the head on the pimple on the ass of baseball 's biggest jackass!!!!

Sadly my last memory of Sheff was the time when he got his face beat in by Big Fausto (ala Nolan Ryan v. Robin Ventura)....... :D

large_091908-sheffield-carmona.jpg

Something smells funny with the Willis matter. The Tigers claim that their doctors discovered Willis' "anxiety disorder" through blood tests. Yesterday a couple of noted psychologists told the Detroit News that this isn't possible. The league did approve the Tiger's move of Willis to the DL. Hmmmmm.

You're absolutely right about that Fish smell.

Now you can diagnose "anxiety" through blood tests!? Come on!

Paul, I've always liked Larish and have waited to see him bloom. Maybe this is his year?

I think this kid will be a great addition to our roster. We definitely needed some help on that side of the plate. Always thought it was kind of odd that our roster is loaded with right-handed power, considering that the RF fence is considerably shorter than the LF fence.

Of Sheff

On Sheff, he was a hell of a hitter when he wasn't injured. (speaking of his time with the Tigers only here)

He really didn't turn into the cancer many had proclaimed he would when he got here.
Unfortunately he was injured most of the last two years, even thou he said he was healthy coming into last season, that didn't last long.

He made plenty of money for his very good year and a quarter he had while here.

Jimbo

You can tell a ton of things from a blood test.

You have Bi Monthly Cholesterol tests ?
I thought my Cholesterol was bad and I test twice a year.

Jimbo

Jimbo,

Not to take this off-subject. My cholesterol is pretty damn good...now. I refuse to let it get out of hand again so I have a very good (aka expensive) home machine that measures all 4 levels and I test myself every other Saturday. I do the same for my blood pressure weekly. ;)

On Sheff, he was a hell of a hitter when he wasn't injured. (speaking of his time with the Tigers only here)

He really didn't turn into the cancer many had proclaimed he would when he got here.
Unfortunately he was injured most of the last two years, even thou he said he was healthy coming into last season, that didn't last long.

He made plenty of money for his very good year and a quarter he had while here.

Jimbo

How soon we forget! He mouthed off about playing time last year to the press before poor Jim ever heard about it and caused quite a stir for a week or so. Plus his comments re: the Indians and the REAL threats he made against them was totally out of line.

Be glad he is gone, Detroit!!!!!;)

Jimbo,

Not to take this off-subject. My cholesterol is pretty damn good...now. I refuse to let it get out of hand again so I have a very good (aka expensive) home machine that measures all 4 levels and I test myself every other Saturday. I do the same for my blood pressure weekly. ;)

Wow, it must have been pretty bad at one time.

Congrats on getting it under control.
Keep up the good work !

How soon we forget! He mouthed off about playing time last year to the press before poor Jim ever heard about it and caused quite a stir for a week or so. Plus his comments re: the Indians and the REAL threats he made against them was totally out of line.

Be glad he is gone, Detroit!!!!!;)

These were at the end of the year, I think, once it was pretty clear he was not playing .

I know it's not an excuse.
Like I said, I liked him when he was healthy.

Tigers WILL be better without him. (they could have ate his contract early last year when it was obvious that he was not healthy as well, but didn't)

OK, who actually PLAYS sports?

Shaq once had a video game of his own- a fighting game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)