AL CENTRAL

Mark DeRosa and Kerry Wood faced their former team for the first time, yesterday during a Spring Training contest. Both had great games.

DeRo homered his first two times up, doubled and hit a sacrifice fly to lead the Indians over the Cubs 7-5 on Sunday.

Wood worked a scoreless seventh inning Sunday, walking one and striking out one.

Welcome to Cleveland DeRo and Woody!

I would be anxious too if I suddenly forgot how to pitch. ;)

DING, DING, DING! We have a winner! If I saw my career circling the drain, I would probably react the same way. The nice thing for Mr Ilitch is that they have Mr. Looney Tunes insured. so they'll be able to re-coop some of their investment.

DING, DING, DING! We have a winner! If I saw my career circling the drain, I would probably react the same way. The nice thing for Mr Ilitch is that they have Mr. Looney Tunes insured. so they'll be able to re-coop some of their investment.

Is pleading "anxiety" the same as pleading "insanity" in a murder case? Maybe D-Train is coming up with an excuse so he won't have to surrender any part of his contract?

I don't know how that works out. I'm still hoping this kid gets straightened out. One can never have enough pitching. Look for the Tigers to make a trade in the next two weeks, to shore up our pitching woes. Thames is the guy involved most of the talk I'm hearing.

Dellucci on DL, youngster Trevor Crowe recalled...

GOODYEAR, Ariz. -- The Indians today placed veteran outfielder David Dellucci on the 15-day disabled list and recalled Trevor Crowe from Class AAA Columbus.

Dellucci's injury means Crowe will open the season with the Indians as an extra outfielder. The Indians play their first game of the season April 6 against Texas at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington.

Dellucci strained his left calf on Saturday and was scratched from the lineup against the Arizona Diamondbacks in Tucson, Ariz. Dellucci is in the third and final year of an $11.5 million contract.

Crowe was the Indians No. 1 draft pick in 2005. This spring the switch-hitting Crowe impressed the Indians with his speed and ability to play all three outfield positions. He leads the team with six stolen bases.

The 25-year-old Crowe will start in left field today when the Indians play San Diego at Goodyear Ballpark. The game will be seen on SportsTime Ohio at 7:05 p.m. ET.
Crowe, who was optioned to Columbus on Saturday, is hitting .289 (13-for-45) with a double, triple, homer and three RBI in 17 games this spring. He's scored eight runs.

Dellucci is hitting .240 (6-for-25) with one double, two homers and five RBI in eight games this spring.

Last Spot in the Tribe's Bullpen Goes to......

Zach Jackson!

GOODYEAR, Ariz. -- Left-hander Zach Jackson has won the last spot in Indians' bullpen. Manager Eric Wedge and pitching coach Carl Willis told him this morning that he'd made the club over right-hander Vinnie Chulk.

"I'm really excited," said Jackson. "I'm almost speechless right now."

Jackson, one of four players acquired from Milwaukee last year in the deal for CC Sabathia, is 1-2 with a 6.87 ERA in six appearances, including two starts, this spring.

Chulk was 0-0 with a 1.72 ERA in nine appearances this spring. He struck out eight, walked three and allowed 10 hits in 15 2/3 innings.

Manager Eric Wedge said the Indians went with Jackson because he can give them more innings than Chulk.

Said Wedge, "Zach and Vinnie pitched well enough to be on the club. We felt like early on we wanted to go with the guy who gave us more length. He can go up to 80 or 90 pitches."

Chulk, a non-roster player, has agreed to go to Class AAA Columbus.

The Indians' roster now stands at 25. Here it is:

• Starting rotation (five): Cliff Lee, Fausto Carmona, Carl Pavano, Scott Lewis and Anthony Reyes.

• Bullpen (seven): Kerry Wood, Rafael Betancourt, Rafael Perez, Jensen Lewis, Joe Smith, Masa Kobayashi and Jackson.

• Catchers (two): Victor Martinez and Kelly Shoppach.

• Infielders (seven): Ryan Garko, Asdrubal Cabrera, Jhonny Peralta, Mark DeRosa, Jamey Carroll, Josh Barfield and Travis Hafner.

• Outfielders (four): Grady Sizemore, Shin-Soo Choo, Ben Francisco and Trevor Crowe.

I LOVE that Crowe is on the team instead of Dellucci. I think he's going to be a sold player and I hope they can find some spots for him to play....

Dellucci seems like a real nice guy, but he may be the worst signing in the Mark Shapiro era.

I don't know how that works out. I'm still hoping this kid gets straightened out. One can never have enough pitching. Look for the Tigers to make a trade in the next two weeks, to shore up our pitching woes. Thames is the guy involved most of the talk I'm hearing.

Thames would be the guy that would bring the most back.
Have you heard any rumors as to who Mr. D is looking at ?

Jimbo

Pronk homered and Pavano gave up 1 ER while working into the 7th yesterday. Both good signs...If Pavano can pull a miracle and pitch like this on a regular basis, I like the Tribe's chances. :)

Pronk homered and Pavano gave up 1 ER while working into the 7th yesterday. Both good signs...If Pavano can pull a miracle and pitch like this on a regular basis, I like the Tribe's chances. :)

I heard the replay of Hammy's call on 1100am this morning. A very comforting sign indeed!

I heard the replay of Hammy's call on 1100am this morning. A very comforting sign indeed!

What do you think of him coming North for opening day? I'm a little skeptical. I read in the PD that he's not really pulling the ball yet. I think he could benefit from extended spring training. It would give him time to get his swing right in a zero-pressure environment. I'd hate to see him struggle with the Tribe off the bat and have his confidence shot. Shoppach, Martinez, and Garko provide the depth to allow us to do this....

If Pavano can pull a miracle and pitch like this on a regular basis, I like the Tribe's chances. :)

When Pavano came up through the Red Sox system he was labeled "can't miss". He was the main piece that landed the Sox, Pedro Martinez.

The guy has talent, no doubt. Maybe his injuries woes are behind him, and the Indians found themselves a diamond in the rough.

What do you think of him coming North for opening day? I'm a little skeptical. I read in the PD that he's not really pulling the ball yet. I think he could benefit from extended spring training. It would give him time to get his swing right in a zero-pressure environment. I'd hate to see him struggle with the Tribe off the bat and have his confidence shot. Shoppach, Martinez, and Garko provide the depth to allow us to do this....

I'd work him in slow too. I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if Pronk started off in C-Bus and worked his way back to Cleveland.

When Pavano came up through the Red Sox system he was labeled "can't miss". He was the main piece that landed the Sox, Pedro Martinez.

The guy has talent, no doubt. Maybe his injuries woes are behind him, and the Indians found themselves a diamond in the rough.

I remember that...he was *the* prized prospect for the Sox for what seemed to be many years.....

OK, who actually PLAYS sports?

Shaq once had a video game of his own- a fighting game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)