222k HD receiver and 2 LNBs

greenguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Home Ground. . .
hi guys. . .

whats the best way to hook up both tuners on this unit to get 110/119 with 2 dish network compatiable LNBs?

btw the unit came with a triplexer.

when i googled this im gettin loads of info but in the pics im seein 2 dishes and dish pro type LNBs which im not usin.

thank for the info.

You would need a DPP Twin LNB (Dish Pro Plus Twin) to get 110/119. If you want HD, you need the triple or 1000.2 LNB. Run 1 line from the dish to the input of the triplexer. Run a check switch and start watching tv.

the best way to hook it up is to call dish, order service, and have a technician come and install it.
but, my opinion may be biased, as i am a technician.
there are MANY dish/lnb combinations that will work with your 222, and many that wont. if you want to do it yourself, we'll need lots more info from you.

the best way to hook it up is to call dish, order service, and have a technician come and install it.
but, my opinion may be biased, as i am a technician.
there are MANY dish/lnb combinations that will work with your 222, and many that wont. if you want to do it yourself, we'll need lots more info from you.

ok guys dont be offended by this but whats the reason for sites like this if everyone just called 'The Guy'?

receiver - Dish network 222k
LNBs - one invacom quad polar @ 119w the other Aspen Eagle @ 110

i dont want the LNBs mensioned above, i would like to know if can work or how to get it worked with what i have.

thanks guy

understood. and again, it really depends on the type of lnb(s). if you have a dpp twin, that would work fine, one line to the input of the triplexer.

What you list won't work you need DISH LNBs.

thanks guy, a short and simple answer. . .to the point.

well the back up plan has to work now. . .the dish is motorized so one lnb now and just move the dish.

i dont hav a problem in gettin the dish LNBs but im not and cant use any of those small dishes from my location. . .if the can work on my CM 6' dish i would look into gettin it so i wont have to move the dish from 110 to 119.

btw, the sw21 switches has to work with something else besides what i already have?

Last edited:
Why don't you tell us exactly what you have, where you're located and what you are trying to accomplish. It make it a lot easier when we aren't trying to second guess your post.

Why don't you tell us exactly what you have, where you're located and what you are trying to accomplish. It make it a lot easier when we aren't trying to second guess your post.

the only that is missing from my information is the dish (channel Master 6' offset dish)

what im tryin to accomplish? this would be to pick up both 110 and 119 on the same dish usin an invacom quad polar @ 119 and an aspen eagle @ 110 and hav those signals feed into my ViP222k receiver SO i wont need to bump the dish back and forth between 110 and 119.

the system is up and workin BUT im only usin tuner one and i only hav it pointed @ 119 atm.

the system also came with a dpp triplexer.

the only that is missing from my information is the dish (channel Master 6' offset dish)

what im tryin to accomplish? this would be to pick up both 110 and 119 on the same dish usin an invacom quad polar @ 119 and an aspen eagle @ 110 and hav those signals feed into my ViP222k receiver SO i wont need to bump the dish back and forth between 110 and 119.

the system is up and workin BUT im only usin tuner one and i only hav it pointed @ 119 atm.

the system also came with a dpp triplexer.
Your LNBs are equilvalent
to Legacy LNBs so they won't work with DP triplexar. Port 2 & 4 of Invacom could be connected to 2 SW21 switches along with the Aspen LNB to give you two lines to connect to the 222. But can your dish be aimed at 119 and 110 at the same time? I assume it has linear motion so how would you skew it to see both satellites?

It can be done and has been done very easily. You dont need to skew the dish. You just manually place the LNB where it needs ot be in terms to the 6 foot dish

A twin LNB WILL NOT work due to the spacing on the 6 footer. The separate LNB's will need to be at least 6-7 inches apart. The bigger the dish the farther apart the LNB's will be due to the focal distance.

I hate to say it, but its trial and error unless a local dealer in the Caribbean has an adapter that will work.

Here are two examples of setups I did using non traditional setups
1st is a Primestar dish that is for 107.3 & 119....dish cannot skew so just put a bracket that raised the 119 LNB up
2nd is a 4 foot dish for Shaw Direct. They use 107.3 & 111.1 and the LNB on a "stock" (37x27") setup the LNB's look squished. The 4 footer they are spaced apart about 1 1/2"

Attachments

• 000_0428.jpg
    000_0428.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 100_0281.jpg
    100_0281.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 165
thanks boba and iceburg. . .this is my first time playin with 'dish' and from readin it seemed all i needed was the sw-21 switches but i needed to confirm all this before buyin. . .

i know it trail and error but i like the fun in tryin to make it work, i just needed to know i had the correct switches.

thanks guys. . .

Why do people even try installing their own dishes anyway? Dish offers free installs, and always upgrades people for free as long as they renew their contract. It's not like putting toast in the toaster, our sh*t gets pretty complicated.

Why do people even try installing their own dishes anyway? Dish offers free installs, and always upgrades people for free as long as they renew their contract. It's not like putting toast in the toaster, our sh*t gets pretty complicated.

MODS!! can i have this WASTE of a post REMOVED?

and if its not removed this is my reply to you. . .

do you even SEE what heaps of post on here start with? ppl 'tryin' to line up there BUDs pizza dishes etc!!!

what the hell is so special about dish that 'we' NEED to call the guy?
PLUS not everyone WANTS a DAMN CONTRACT!!!!!!!!

ALL i ever did was ask about a switch, if oyu have nothing to add to it go back where you came from!

BY THE WAY --> did you see my location?

How long for 922 to be accessible online?

setting up hd satellite at camper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts