X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

Very weird... It seems like World War 2 would have been a better fit just because the vehicle combat that is a big part of the Battlefiled games wasn't as widespread in WW1. They did have planes and tanks but not the kind Battlefield players are used to. According to Wikipedia Germany only manufactured 20 tanks during the entire war.

PSA: Reminder that TOMORROW the Fallout 4 Season Pass increases in price from $30 to $50. So if you want it, get it now.

It appears that Mass Effect: Andromeda is delayed to early 2017, while Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 5 (or whatever it'll be called) will still be arriving for the 2016 Holiday season

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ma...a-exec-sugg/1100-6435254/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0a

I will most likely own all 3 of those games but Mass Effect is the one I'm looking forward to most. It sucks to see that it isn't coming out this year but since we haven't actually seen any footage of the game it's not that surprising.

Anyways, I would much rather wait through a delay than be disappointed by a broken mess that comes out on time. Delays suck but it's tough to complain about them and then also complain about games coming out broken. If we want these games working properly before release we have to be okay with them taking the extra time to get it right.

Well, delays don't always result from required tweaking and bug fixes. Don't forget that 3 was delayed because EA forced Bioware to tack on a completely unnecessary multiplayer mode. I'm not saying that's the same reason here, but sometimes constant delays can be for nefarious reasons.

Well, delays don't always result from required tweaking and bug fixes. Don't forget that 3 was delayed because EA forced Bioware to tack on a completely unnecessary multiplayer mode. I'm not saying that's the same reason here, but sometimes constant delays can be for nefarious reasons.

Good point. Sometimes they are delayed for financial reasons even when the game is ready to go too. If a publisher has too many games in one quarter but nothing in the next sometimes games will get shifted to smooth out their financials. There are also cases where games move to get out of the shadow of a bigger release like GTA V or Fallout 4.

Another day, yet another "Remastered" edition that no one asked for in lieu of new actual games..

Dead Island is getting a "Definitive Collection" release of the first 2 regular games (not that awful spin-off) as well as some "retro" inspired game as well. For One and PS4 to be released on 5/31.

I'm looking forward to it. PC has a $40 standard version in addition to the $60 Origins addition. This is most likely the version I will be going with.

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/buy/

It's kind of weird that console players can only choose the $60 Origins Edition. The difference between the $40 and $60 versions are some cosmetic skins and extra items for other Blizzard games on PC. The Origins Edition makes much more sense on PC than it does on console but console players are forced to buy it while PC players have a choice.

The Origins Edition comes comes with a new character they are adding to Heroes of the Storm from Overwatch. Since new characters in Heroes of the Storm cost $10 this can help make the Origins Edition worth it to someone who plays both games. There are similar items included for Hearthstone, WoW, Diablo 3, and Starcraft 2. The point is that all of these bonuses are specific to PC players but console players are required to buy them. What good will a Heroes of the Storm character do for an Xbox One owner?

The only bonus included in the Origins Edition that is relevant to console gamers are the 5 cosmetic skins. I think most people would agree that this isn't worth an extra $20.

Edit: I changed my mind. I'll likely pre-order the PC physical version of the Origins Edition from Amazon. With their 20% off pre-order pricing this brings the total down to $47.99. Since I do play Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, Diablo 3, and Starcraft 2 on PC all of those extra bonuses probably are worth an extra $8. The standard $40 version is only available digitally direct from Battle.net.

Well $60 is the standard game release price, so it makes sense that that's the only option for console users. Not saying I agree with it but at least they're getting all the additional content the PC users would get at that price.

Well $60 is the standard game release price, so it makes sense that that's the only option for console users. Not saying I agree with it but at least they're getting all the additional content the PC users would get at that price.

Yeah, I guess it's like getting the digital deluxe version for the normal $60 price point instead of charging $80 or $90 for it like EA and Ubisoft often do. I still think they should have made the $40 standard edition available as a digital only option on console just like they did on PC.

Well.... I was planning on checking this out tonight but I may end up holding off another day to let the launch day hype die down a bit. I only have 2 or 3 chapters left in Uncharted 2 so I suppose I could wrap that up instead.

Unfortunately, this has become normal for major online releases. Publishers just aren't willing to dedicate enough servers to the launch day rush when they know they will probably never have that many people trying to play at once again. If this keeps up for more than a couple days it could tank their player base just like what happened with The Master Chief Collection.

Say what you will about Activision but Destiny had a surprisingly solid launch for a massive game that requires a constant internet connection. Maybe this came from experience with years of massive COD launches that are also typically pretty solid from day one.

Yeah Activision is on top of their sh*t when it comes to internet. I mean I remember when Black Ops came out and early on I saw this:

184602_1581475663969_4783135_n.jpg

And the servers didn't buckle at all, and bear in mind that was just for Xbox 360, not counting the millions also playing on PC and PS3. I don't think that when these launch issues occur that it's simply an issue of throwing extra servers at an issue, because even if you were to buy "too many" servers, it's not like those things become an asset loss once things die down. They can be re-purposed for something else or turned on later for some other reasons. It should also be noted that AFAIK The Division is Ubisoft's first attempt at a MMO-style game, so really as far as that's concerned this is typical and really you just need to contain the bleeding best you can.

Right, it's their first MMO-style game and it might even be their biggest online focused launch of any kind. There is a ton of hype behind this launch.

Whether it's a fair comparison or not, everyone seems to be expecting this to be Ubisoft's Destiny. That was one of the biggest games of this console generation so far but it's a year and half old and people are looking for something new to fill that niche.

Here's the official Multiplayer Trailer for Doom 4 (I refuse to call it "Doom" or "The New Doom")

Looks pretty fun. Sort of a cross between Halo ODST and the classic Quake 3 Arena. Hopefully they'll have a change of heart and make the closed beta open to everyone or have a 2nd one later on (Closed beta for people who preordered Wolfenstein: The New Order starts on March 31.)

Playstation Classic Game Console w/Enhancements

PSN Network ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)