X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

Far Cry Primal review embargo is up. General consensus seems to be that it's good, with the major complaints being that it's not much different from the past Far Cry games (although some disagree with this) and that the plot is almost nonexistant when compared to those of 3 and 4.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/470h55/far_cry_primal_review_thread/
I'm definitely keeping my $35 pre-order. I do want to wrap up Far Cry 4 before I get into it so I won't be playing on day one.

May as well. I doubt the game will be in "primal time" on Day 1 for PC. I'm sure some humorous gifs will come from week 1.

I completely missed this but the PC version of Far Cry Primal doesn't come out until March 1st. Even if I wanted to play it today I would have to wait a week.

That also means that the only 2 games I have pre-ordered in recent memory are going to be coming out a week apart from each other. As an accountant, tax season means I have much less time than normal to play games. I'm starting to consider canceling my The Division pre-order even though the price is good just because I won't have the time to play all of these games right now.

It would be very surprising to me if the PC version isn't good. Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 are excellent on PC. They look great and the run well. One of the criticisms of Far Cry 4 and now again with Primal are that it is essentially more Far Cry 3.

If they found a way to screw Primal up after getting it right on the previous 2 games without even doing a major overhaul of the engine it would be very disappointing. Of course, a lot of the same things could have been said about Arkham Knight before release so you never know.

I think I'm ready for some more Tell Tale Walking Dead and I like that they used the actress from the show. I'll likely grab it after the second episode is available.

Why bother? Just wait until that inevitable 50% discount. It happens to all of them. Just need to be patient.

Why bother? Just wait until that inevitable 50% discount. It happens to all of them. Just need to be patient.

Yeah, I'll definitely get it at a discount. I think there will be one available sometime between the second and third episodes. I'm actually okay with paying the $13.49 pre-order price on Steam since this one is already cheaper than normal and I'm a big fan of the previous Walking Dead games and Michonne on the TV show.

The main reason I'm waiting to get started is so I don't have several months between when I play episode 1 and when the other episodes are released like I did with Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones. I don't want to have to start this one over so I can remember what happened. The extra $6 or so that I will save by waiting is just a nice side effect.

In lieu of making any new Resident Evil games, Capcom seems perfectly content to simply re-release all their older games from the last 2 console generations, as is evident with the announcement that Resident Evils 6, 5, and 4 are coming out this year on the One and PS4. If you're wondering why I put the list in descending order, it's because that's how they're releasing them. No, really. 6 comes out March 29, 5 comes out in the summer, and 4 comes out in the fall. Maybe for some reason they think that releasing the sh*ttiest RE game first will somehow help build momentum for the other 2, as this is very much a release of ascending quality. Or maybe they don't want to blow their load early so to speak. 4 is by far the best and remains in my Top 10 games of all time, and 5 was undeniably inferior but still not as bad as people declared simply because 4 was so good, and 6 is just sh*t.

Playstation Classic Game Console w/Enhancements

PSN Network ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)