X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

You can sign up for the Mirrors Edge Catalyst closed beta here (One/PS4/PC)

http://www.mirrorsedge.com/beta

Weird. Isn't this a single player game like it's predecessor? I actually played a little of the original again a couple weeks ago because I was in the mood for it for some reason. I signed up for the beta just because I'm curious what a Mirrors Edge game looks like in 2016. It seems weird that this game has a beta at all though.

Unsurprisingly (at least in my opinion) Rock Band 4's sales were lower than expected, resulting in Mad Catz (The publisher) laying off 37% of its workforce.
Not a huge shocker, the whole guitar queero (ref. southpark) fad has pretty much disappeared.

I had fun with Guitar Hero Live..... for a week. I haven't gone back to it since. I do wish I wouldn't have spent the $100 on it now.

Not a huge shocker, the whole guitar queero (ref. southpark) fad has pretty much disappeared.
I don't think that's all of it. As I mentioned a few months back here, the game isn't very compelling for new or returning Rock Band players, and until they bring equipment prices down as well as get more old DLC/game tracks available there's no great reason to get a newer version. I mean I wish them success, but until they give me a good reason to upgrade I'm not going to shed any tears at their failures.

I think I'm good. Playing the closed beta didn't convince me to cancel my GF rental of it and I'll see how the whole thing is. Ironically if it turns out I really like it, rather than "keep" the One version from GF I'll return it and then buy the PC version.

Yeah, I don't see myself putting a ton of time into the open beta because I don't want to have to replay a bunch of the same content when the full game comes out. It's just one more chance for me to see whether I want to keep my discounted pre-order or not.

Speaking of, it looks like Ubisoft paid a LOT of attention to detail in this game. From physics to different bullet reactions, this may explain why this game was delayed so much. And bear in mind, this was apparently captured on the CONSOLE version of the game.

Some news from Ubisoft. First, there's no Assassins Creed game for 2016, but the movie is still slated to come out in December. Also, Watch Dogs 2 is coming out in the next fiscal year (4/1/16-3/31/17) along with the new South Park game, Tom Clancy Ghost Recon, and For Honor.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/11/10966754/watch-dogs-2-ubisoft

Random question: Why is Ubisoft still using "Tom Clancy" for so many of their titles? From what I can tell Tom has no say in the development of the games, and I've found that most people when referring to the games don't even mention the "Tom Clancy" part. I understand they bought his video game company back in the day and decided to keep his name on the Red Storm Entertainment properties they developed, but now it feels like they're just doing it for sh*ts and giggle. I mean hell, Tom DIED in 2013!

Some news from Ubisoft. First, there's no Assassins Creed game for 2016, but the movie is still slated to come out in December. Also, Watch Dogs 2 is coming out in the next fiscal year (4/1/16-3/31/17) along with the new South Park game, Tom Clancy Ghost Recon, and For Honor.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/11/10966754/watch-dogs-2-ubisoft

Random question: Why is Ubisoft still using "Tom Clancy" for so many of their titles? From what I can tell Tom has no say in the development of the games, and I've found that most people when referring to the games don't even mention the "Tom Clancy" part. I understand they bought his video game company back in the day and decided to keep his name on the Red Storm Entertainment properties they developed, but now it feels like they're just doing it for sh*ts and giggle. I mean hell, Tom DIED in 2013!

Well I think games like Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, and Splinter Cell were based off books he wrote. I'm not sure where The Division gets the Tom Clancy name from though.

Rainbow 6 was the only game based off a novel. The other ones you mentioned have had books with that name but they're not by Tom and they came out after the games.

Rainbow 6 was the only game based off a novel. The other ones you mentioned have had books with that name but they're not by Tom and they came out after the games.

Yeah, it is weird to attach his name to everything then unless he was writing the games himself. Somehow I doubt that is the case.

Given how some of those stories turned out I HOPE he didn't write them. I mean look at the plot of H.A.W.X.

I do have to say that like Yahtzee I quite enjoyed that game as well.

Playstation Classic Game Console w/Enhancements

PSN Network ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)