winegard sensor power inserter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beast37799

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
hi everyone when i ordered my directv i got the hd package and paid 50 dollars for an off air antenna which works rather well . today i got home and found it wasnt working and i beleve its the special combiner that they use to tie it together with the sat. First does anybody know where i can find the special combiner or one where the vhf/uhf ouput is 12v dc . Or where i can find the power inserter for it .thank you

Is there a powered multiswitch in the mix? They are 18-24 volts.

If you are using a diplexor, you need a direct feed from the antenna power supply to the antenna, and a voltage blocking capacitor that blocks the dc voltage passing to the antenna from the multiswitch or receive power supply.

Better yet, I usually run separate lines from the antenna to the TV's from the satellite lnb feeds.

beast37799 said:
hi everyone when i ordered my directv i got the hd package and paid 50 dollars for an off air antenna which works rather well . today i got home and found it wasnt working and i beleve its the special combiner that they use to tie it together with the sat. First does anybody know where i can find the special combiner or one where the vhf/uhf ouput is 12v dc . Or where i can find the power inserter for it .thank you

eeeek - Voom users reading this will sympathize with you - those power inserters stink (I'm assuming this is the CM Stealth).

Mike500 is right on - use a seperate line for the antenna, if at all possible.

I've got that very antenna, though since we moved out of our house into a townhouse where the antenna and dish are mounted the building blocks the OTA signals from the towers. Mine is run on a seperate line.

hancox said:
eeeek - Voom users reading this will sympathize with you - those power inserters stink (I'm assuming this is the CM Stealth).

Mike500 is right on - use a seperate line for the antenna, if at all possible.
sorry its not the stealth and running a seperate line is not an option cause it needs power to work

Doesn't it get power from the STB?? That was how mine worked anyway.

beast37799 said:
sorry its not the stealth and running a seperate line is not an option cause it needs power to work

now I'm confused - can you post your antenna and STB model?

I have used the Winegard Sensar GS-2000 for over 15 years without fail. This is the one that you have. The Stealth is a Channel Master antenna that is commonly installed by Voom installers. I perfer to power the Sensar with it's own power pack. It is 12 volt and has standard coaxial connectors. One connector goes directly to the antenna, and the other as feed to the TV sets or the splitter. Winegard's support number is 1-800-288-8094.

I do many many antenna/satellite combination installs. Invaribly, the use of switches, combiners, diplexors, and/or modulators have always caused minor, if not major, interference problems. I have had many customers, who have went the "cheapie" route by using these devices, only to have nme come back again to run the separate lines that I had suggested in the first place.

It was the same, when I built PC's in the 1990's. Everyone, who knew little of computers and operating systems wanted me to repair or troubleshoot a buggy system. It was much easier just to rebuild the system from the start. They always complained that I overcharged them for two service calls.

Now, I refuse to even take jobs, when the customer would not take my advice and to do it right in the first place. They might get a cheaper price, but a poorer system. I'm glad that they never called me back to repair them.

My best customers are those, who had others install and repair their systems, before consulting me. After my repairs and upgrades, they almost never call me with problems. I get requests for upgrades only.

You can go to www.winegard.com/offair/powersupplies.htm/ or you can call the 800 number in the morning. They will actually hook you up with an engineer, if needed.

Winegard is a very old US company based in Burlington, Iowa. Founded in 1954, by John Winegard. They have been around since the days of Sarnoff, Armstrong, Chayevsky and the Golden Age of Television.

They are an all USA company. They currently still make all of the Dish 500's in USA.

I've purchased their products since the mid 1960's.

The current company still makes almost all of it's products in Iowa, and is still run by John's son, Randy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Missing locals on HD

Directv D10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)