Wimbledon 2009

Venus easily reaches 8th Wimbledon final - Tennis - Yahoo! Sports

Same time next year.

With all due respect to the accomplishments of Venus and Serena, I am a bit bored of seeing the same old same old every year at Wimbledon.

I have nothing against them- it's like how people outside of New York felt about seeing the Yankees and Dodgers in the World Series all those years- after a while, they want to see something different once.

Oh, well- Anders predicted this one correct. (Then again, he did predict North Carolina would win it all from day one, so it's not like he's a newcomer at trying to become Karnac.)

Venus easily reaches 8th Wimbledon final - Tennis - Yahoo! Sports

Same time next year.

With all due respect to the accomplishments of Venus and Serena, I am a bit bored of seeing the same old same old every year at Wimbledon.

I have nothing against them- it's like how people outside of New York felt about seeing the Yankees and Dodgers in the World Series all those years- after a while, they want to see something different once.

Oh, well- Anders predicted this one correct. (Then again, he did predict North Carolina would win it all from day one, so it's not like he's a newcomer at trying to become Karnac.)
That was easy to predict. The surprise is Serena going 3 sets and winning 8-6 in the 3rd to advance. Also puzzling is NBC's decision to show the Venus match instead of the Serena match. Just another reason why sports on network TV is in decline. Kind of takes you back to the era of tape delaying the NBA Finals and other stupid things networks did. I can't wait to see how they'll butcher the men's semis tomorrow. They'll probably show Federer cruise into the finals and forget about the the Roddick-Murray match which could be a classic.

That was easy to predict. The surprise is Serena going 3 sets and winning 8-6 in the 3rd to advance. Also puzzling is NBC's decision to show the Venus match instead of the Serena match. Just another reason why sports on network TV is in decline. Kind of takes you back to the era of tape delaying the NBA Finals and other stupid things networks did. I can't wait to see how they'll butcher the men's semis tomorrow. They'll probably show Federer cruise into the finals and forget about the the Roddick-Murray match which could be a classic.

Did another outlet such as the Tennis Channel show the Serena match instead?

Did another outlet such as the Tennis Channel show the Serena match instead?
I think ESPN2 had it live early in the morning and NBC is showing a replay, but when NBC came on the air they immediately showed highlights from the Serena match and gave away the score. Why not just show the 2 matches in the order they were played?

Roddick did pull the upset today beating Murray in 4 sets. That was probably the best match he's ever played. Fitting I suppose that on 4th of July weekend an American defeats a Brit. :D

Unfortunately Roger Federer is waiting in the finals and Roddick has never beaten him in a meaningful match. Hopefully Andy can at least make the final interesting. Some of their previous matches have been pretty ugly. At least there's a good storyline. Federer going for a record 15th grand slam title and Roddick trying to win his first Wimbledon.

I want to see Roddick win one.

Probably won't happen this year. Roddick acted like he won the title when he beat Murray. I am sure Mr. Federer noticed the same thing. He showed too much emotion after the match. I fear a emotional letdown from Roddick on Sunday.

Serena wins the Wimbledon final over Venus. Not a very interesting match IMO. They still get to play with each other for the doubles title. Serena has now won 3 of the last 4 grand slams. Amazingly, that hack Dinara Safina, will still be ranked #1 in the world. Go figure. :rolleyes: I guess in women's tennis they just draw names out of a hat for their rankings.

Serena wins the Wimbledon final over Venus. Not a very interesting match IMO. They still get to play with each other for the doubles title. Serena has now won 3 of the last 4 grand slams. Amazingly, that hack Dinara Safina, will still be ranked #1 in the world. Go figure. :rolleyes: I guess in women's tennis they just draw names out of a hat for their rankings.

Is it me, or the Williams sisters not getting enough recognition for probably being two of the best tennis players in the last 10 years....?

Is it me, or the Williams sisters not getting enough recognition for probably being two of the best tennis players in the last 10 years....?
They certainly don't get it from the rankings, but I know, and I think most people who follow tennis, know how good they are. The real question is how dominant would either of them be if they didn't have to face each other so often?

For as long as this match has been it's been pretty boring. Just an ace fest. Like watching Sampras play Ivanisovic. This is why they invented the tie break.

Overshadowed Games and Moments in Sports

Big NBA Trade!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)