Wimbledon 2009

I figured he would play.

Congrats on your 2000th post
Thanks. Didn't even realize it. I won't start a seperate thread to commemorate the milestone. :D If I had been paying attention I would have said something really provacative that would have resulted in 6 pages of replies.

Thanks. Didn't even realize it. I won't start a seperate thread to commemorate the milestone. :D If I had been paying attention I would have said something really provacative that would have resulted in 6 pages of replies.

That's the whole point of post whoring though. :D

That's the whole point of post whoring though. :D
Maybe I'll do a random thoughts thread where I can diss pro baseball in Florida, the NBA, NHL, Big Ten, Cleveland in general and dook. I guess I'll have to save that for my 5,000th post. :D

Maybe I'll do a random thoughts thread where I can diss pro baseball in Florida, the NBA, NHL, Big Ten, Cleveland in general and dook. I guess I'll have to save that for my 5,000th post. :D

That make take you a couple more years. :D

Federer, Sharapova Advance, Blake Out

Day 1 of Wimbledon is underway.....

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/wimbledon09/news/story?id=4277338"]Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic win; James Blake loses in Wimbledon first round - ESPN[/ame]

Roddick did win a major. Would probably have added 2 or 3 more if not for a guy named Federer.
Exactly. Roddick is only overrated if you think he should be #1 in the world. Otherwise he is a legitimate top 10 player. Blake, OTOH, gets hyped as though he's in Roddick and Federer and Nadal's class. Instead he's never advanced past the QF's at a grand slam and usually loses in the early rounds, like today. Enough! Just cause he's black doesn't make him the Tiger Woods of tennis.

History was made last night at Wimbledon. Andy Murray and Stanislas Wawrinka played the first ever match under the new roof at Centre Court, and also what turned out to be the first ever night match at Wimbledon as the 5 set match didn't end until 10:30 at night.

Nearly all the top players are still alive on the men's side and the Williams sisters appear to destined to meet in the finals again.

Willams Sisters 1 Win Away From Sister Showdown!

WIMBLEDON, England -- Venus and Serena Williams are one round away from meeting in another Wimbledon final.

Five-time champion Venus overpowered Agnieszka Radwanska 6-1, 6-2 on Tuesday, and two-time winner Serena followed her into the semifinals with a 6-2, 6-3 win over Victoria Azarenka.

No. 3-seeded Venus will next face top-ranked Dinara Safina, who overcame 15 double-faults and beat German teen Sabine Lisicki 6-7 (5), 6-4, 6-1 to reach the Wimbledon semis for the first time.

In the bottom half of the draw, No. 4 Elena Dementieva defeated Italy's Francesca Schiavone 6-2, 6-2 to set up a semifinal encounter with No. 2 Serena.

It's the first time since 2006 that all four top-seeded women reached the semifinals at a Grand Slam tournament.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/wimbledon09/news/story?id=4296496"]Venus Williams beats Agnieszka Radwanska to reach Wimbledon semifinals - ESPN[/ame]

Overshadowed Games and Moments in Sports

Big NBA Trade!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts