Wimbledon 2009

Match to Federer. 15 major and now the career leader.

Congrats to Federer on his record breaking championship! :up

And congrats to Roddick on a GREAT match! :up

I thought the final set lacked grit. It seemed like each player was content to let the other take any game in which the server got the early advantage, saving himself for later opportunity. Neither fought back like Agassi, Chang, or Nadal.

Great job by both players. Roddick played better than I ever thought he could. He deserves to get another major title.

FIFTEEN !!!!!

Only in Tennis will you see such an ovation for the runner-up. Tennis is truly a sport of class, grace and sportsmanship. This was another match you just hated to see come to an end and to for someone lose because both Federer and Roddick played commendably.

Congrats to R-Fed for becoming the winningest Champion ever in his sport.

Congrats to Roddick. Hopefully he'll break through and win a Wimbledon one day himself.

Great job by both players. Roddick played better than I ever thought he could. He deserves to get another major title.

I agree. I thought Roddick hit the ball flatter off of both wings today to penatrate through the court more. The best he has played in a long time. If only he could have hit that high backhand volley at set point in the second set.

Kudos to Federer. Best of all time!!!

I agree. I thought Roddick hit the ball flatter off of both wings today to penatrate through the court more. The best he has played in a long time. If only he could have hit that high backhand volley at set point in the second set.
He'll remember that volley for the rest of his life. That being said, Roddick's game has improved so much lately. Where has that penetrating backhand been his whole career? This new coach of his is a genius. I think Roddick will get a ton of support at the US Open. After all Federer has won 5 in row there and with Sampras' record broken what's left? I never thought Roddick would ever have a legit chance against Federer. Now I think he does.

Does anyone know if Nadal will be back for the Open?
I haven't heard anything. I'm assuming he will since he hasn't needed any surgery, just tendinitis, but I have no idea how effective he'd be if he played. Nadal plays a very phsyical style and hard courts are tough on the body.

I haven't heard anything. I'm assuming he will since he hasn't needed any surgery, just tendinitis, but I have no idea how effective he'd be if he played. Nadal plays a very phsyical style and hard courts are tough on the body.

You're so right.

That's why Nadal has been so successful at Roland Garros. The clay is certainly less forgiving on the body.

I'm hoping Nadal can be close to 100% for NYC. A Federer/Nadal/Roddick/Murray Final Four would be very sweet! :up

You're so right.

That's why Nadal has been so successful at Roland Garros. The clay is certainly less forgiving on the body.

I'm hoping Nadal can be close to 100% for NYC. A Federer/Nadal/Roddick/Murray Final Four would be very sweet! :up

Why yes it would!

With this spectacular finish at Wimbledon, there will be much more anticipation for the U.S. Open...

Overshadowed Games and Moments in Sports

Big NBA Trade!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts