Will you buy an Apple Watch?

Will you buy the first version of the Apple Watch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 57 79.2%

• Total voters
This is the understatement of some relatively long interval of time (measured in weeks?).
That would be quite a fraction. The time to update the key is about 5 seconds. Getting to it in the settings on the iphone takes about 5 seconds too.
This watch battery died, bought a S3 38mm refurb, it will last the day barely with timers and fit apps going most days...
Time for you to upgrade, Don. The Ultra 2 lasts about 3 days if I don't make too many phone calls on it. The only thing I didn't like about it is the bands that Apple makes. But I got a really nice one on Amazon that matches the Ultra 2

Reactions: Foxbat
The downer of having to do it at all is pretty annoying. Apple stuff is just supposed to work.
Sure is! There are two good watch apps for Tesla. Both have the same problem. I sent in a trouble ticket to Watchla and Watch for Tesla they got back to me with an explanation.
Seems that Apple increased it's security requirements for non-Apple watch apps like these two that I have tested that were designed by small entrepreneurs. So, while the virtual key to connect to my Tesla data used to be once and done, the key expires randomly now. To make it easy both apps added a button in the iphone to refresh the key. So when something like my battery state of charge is no longer responding, the fix is to dig out the iphone and open the app and hit the refresh button for a new Key. Then it takes about 5 seconds to update. If the Tesla is "asleep" to conserve battery drain it can take up to a minute before the car transmits the date to the phone and then it updates the watch via Blue Tooth.

I'm hoping one day Tesla will make an official app for the watch that refreshes automatically. They would have the clout to get approved by Apple.

Anyway, it is what it is.

I don't want a mini-ipad on my wrist, that's why I like the 38mm watches.
My wife had the smaller 38mm one a few years ago and it was just too small to use so even she got the larger one. Before I switched to the ultra 2 I went to the Apple store to try one on and discovered I could deal with the larger size. It's not just the battery life but also being able to read text and emails without needing reading magnifiers. I use the Apple watch for many functions these days more easily because the larger screen size.

I don't want a mini-ipad on my wrist, that's why I like the 38mm watches.
My Series 8 is the smaller one and I get 36-48 hours of use before I need to charge. I wear it except when showering and charging. I know it’s doing sleep tracking, but I usually don’t check on it. It has the blood oxygen sensor and ECG functions, does GPS but not Cellular, and my eyes are still good enough that I can read everything on the screen. I agree, I don’t like the current trend of monster watches strapped to one’s wrist.

I switch to to the included elastomer band for working in the yard or going for outdoor walks, when I plan to get sweaty. The woven band is pretty good with sweat and will rinse out okay, but I don’t want it to get funky at some point. Maybe it could take a trip through the washing machine (sans Apple Watch, of course!) but it normally doesn’t get dirty.

No new AW Ultra. Just announced Ultra 2 with a black finish but the same guts.

AW 10 will be thinner but larger area. Still have the 40mm size in the SE series.

Not a fan of the Apple Watch 10 'one size fits all' approach. I have always warn the smaller size. I assume the bands I currently own will not fit the new one either. Doubtful I will pull the trigger on the 10 as long as my 9 keeps working.

Not a fan of the Apple Watch 10 'one size fits all' approach. I have always warn the smaller size. I assume the bands I currently own will not fit the new one either. Doubtful I will pull the trigger on the 10 as long as my 9 keeps working.

Now I'm confused. Series 10 is supposed to be available in both 42mm or 46mm. There was no mention of that in the presentation this morning.

I have always warn the smaller size.
All through the video I was noticing how comically oversized the AWU was on most everyone's (that was wearing one) wrist.

I also had to chuckle at the mention of the titanium knot band as almost being acceptable in a formal setting.

Overall, the cameras moving incessantly side-to-side made me queasy.

I agree that it is not worth upgrading to the series 10 over the 9.
However, this year's AW is not a one size fits all. Between the SE and the 10 you have 4 sizes, 40mm, 42mm, 44mm, 46mm. The Ultra 2 is the same as last year at 49mm.

I was reluctant to go with the Ultra2 last year but tried it on at the Apple Store and with the right band it is not uncomfortable and I like the larger screen as text messages are much easier to read and I like the 3 day battery life. I'll upgrade when they offer a built in camera for Facetime.

My wife is on the AW4 yet but the battery is not lasting but a day. I think she will be getting my old AW6 soon as it is still quite good on battery life.

Any takers for watchOS 11.0? I’m seeing a reduction in battery life on my Series 8. I used to be able to go almost two days without needing to charge, but since installing v11.0 it seems that I need to charge it daily.

Any takers for watchOS 11.0? I’m seeing a reduction in battery life on my Series 8. I used to be able to go almost two days without needing to charge, but since installing v11.0 it seems that I need to charge it daily.

I put 11.0 on my Series 9 the other day along with all the others. So far I haven't noticed any battery difference but I put mine on the charger every night when I go to bed.

Series 10 will be here tomorrow along with the 16 Pro. I know the phone won't change much if at all but I'm curious about the new form for the Series 10.

iOS 18, what did you think?