Will the phone lines ever be enforced?

That's why I mentioned 2 way satellite. I think all internet satellite providers are 2 way. It's simple, if a receiver were in a different location and perhaps didn't match the switch or something that dishs LNB could send a signal to one of the satellites in sky which would show it is a stolen/pirated box. Maybe not the most effective way on dish's end but it could be something considered for the future. Even a phone line in just ONE receiver would be good. Seriously the majority of this forum is very anal, I didn't say all, but the majority. You need to look at this from a point of annoyance and hassle rather than piracy, not everyone in the world wants to pirate things you know so don't even stereotype me without reading some of the things I'm posting about ideas to get rid of the phone lines.

Two-way satellite is NOT an option. Transmitter cost, untrainable installers (it's a LOT more technical), Bigger dish, etc.

Anyway, there's just NOT that much account stacking going on out there really. I think E* is brainwashing the customers so that he can start selling usage information like D* TiVo does.

SimpleSimon said:
Two-way satellite is NOT an option. Transmitter cost, untrainable installers (it's a LOT more technical), Bigger dish, etc.

Anyway, there's just NOT that much account stacking going on out there really. I think E* is brainwashing the customers so that he can start selling usage information like D* TiVo does.

I guess that explains the high pricing and installation fee for satellite internet.

PILMAN said:
I guess that explains the high pricing and installation fee for satellite internet.

Actually, I believe, the satellite downloads stuff and your phoneline uploads. The theory being that downloads far exceed uploads.

JohnP

PILMAN said:
Correct.

JPEZZ: One-way satellite internet was discontinued long ago - although as I was informed in one of these forums, there's still a few "phone-return" systems out there.

SkyWay USA came out not that long ago that offers dial up return. It starts out at only $29.99 a month and the hardware is only $99.

Local Channels in USA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts