Why are the Sales and Customer Service people SO RUDE?

aec4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
I was considering switching from DirecTV to IO with their triple bundle (I already have Optimum ONline and Optimum Voice). They say it's 15.05 extra. I email them with a list of questions on a Monday and on Thursday night they finally email me and say "We need your daytime number to proceed" with nothing else in the email. I waited 3 days for that!? Ok, so I give it, and they call me at 6:15 right when I am sitting down to dinner. I ask them nicely to call back, and they give ME an attitude!

Ok, so we eat dinner, and when I go upstairs, there is an email from them with the answers to my question, with RUDE comments about how I should have not given them the number if I didn't want a call, and 6:15 is not an outrageous time to call (it is when you ask for a daytime number).

Couple that with all the hidden charges, and I'm not changing. They want 5.74 per box PLUS 1.50 per box mirroring. They want an extra 4.95 for Golf Channel, and the price SHOOTS from 15.05 to 67.45 after the first year. The bill ends up being 25 more than my DirecTV.

Lastly, why do I need a technician to come to my house to screw coax cable into a box? Also why do I need to pay him 60 bucks for the honor?

If anyone from Cablevision reads these forums, I want to tell you you lost my business for the 2nd time. Before I installed DirecTV in 1998, I set up 2 installs with you and BOTH TIMES your technician did not show up. When I called, Cablevision blamed ME for it even though I wasn't home ALL DAY, so I just bailed on them. It looks like the customer service has NOT changed.

$1.50, is only applied to the 2nd box not every box. Also after the year you would get optimum rewards wich gives you a $20 a month credit when you have the 3 services. the 4.95 is not just for the golf channel it also includes gol tv, fox college sports atlantic central and pacific, fuel, tvg, and the outdoor channel. If you add up what your paying for ool+ov+direct(w/hbo starz &encore), I would be willing to bet it comes out more then if you had all with cablevision.

That's the main reason why I fired my cable service back in 1994 when DirecTv became available. Have never looked back and no regrets 100%.

hbk409 said:
$1.50, is only applied to the 2nd box not every box. Also after the year you would get optimum rewards wich gives you a $20 a month credit when you have the 3 services. the 4.95 is not just for the golf channel it also includes gol tv, fox college sports atlantic central and pacific, fuel, tvg, and the outdoor channel. If you add up what your paying for ool+ov+direct(w/hbo starz &encore), I would be willing to bet it comes out more then if you had all with cablevision.
I did factor all in comparing apples to apples.

DirecTV gives more... much more. You would think a sales/customer service rep would tell me about the $20 credit though. She also said $1.50 per box except the first one.

aec4 said:
I did factor all in comparing apples to apples.
DirecTV gives more... much more. You would think a sales/customer service rep would tell me about the $20 credit though. She also said $1.50 per box except the first one.

the 1.50 is only applied once when you have more then one box, trust me I work in the sales department. I do not know why they didnt tell you about the optimum rewards $20 credit.

hbk409 said:
the 1.50 is only applied once when you have more then one box, trust me I work in the sales department. I do not know why they didnt tell you about the optimum rewards $20 credit.
Ok, I believe you but why would the rep who emailed me tell me differently.

Also, why do I need an installer to do this? For starters, I have a 2 week old at home and really do not want to allow strangers in the house, but the reality is I can screw in coax just as well as he can. The only thing I would ever want him to do, but I doubt he'll do it for us, is to run a couple of "drops" in my basement because we're thinking about finishing it. However, I can buy coax and do that quite easily. Another thing I'd like is to have the main connection INSIDE my home instead of outside, but it seems that's not the way things are done.

Another question:
For your DVR, do you need to run 2 separate lines, or like most cable, can I split it into 2 lines and put it into the DVR?

Ok, you're in the sales department, tell me how much it would cost me in the 07438 zip for:

* io Silver
* 3 boxes, 1 of them being HD (probably 2 shortly, but 1 for now)
* The sports package that includes the golf channel

Please tell me this wth the Triple Bundle (the first year) and without (the 2nd year). I already have OptimumOnline and OptimumVoice.

Also, once you tell me those, tell me how much more it would be to factor in a DVR (HD-DVR) and how much installation would be if your people MUST do it.

The tech does your initial install so they can check the levels and make sure your initial provisioning goes well. Once you're installed you can do any upgrades by yourself, with the exception of a ported OV#.

You'd be surprised how many people need the signal adjusted at the pole, or the tech needs to call into the provisioners. Plus, if Cablevision runs the wiring they replace it for free if it goes bad, otherwise there is a charge.

Its worth the initial hassle, to get a strong start and avoid problems in the long run.

Also, the DVR only needs one coax.

MergaTroy6 said:
The tech does your initial install so they can check the levels and make sure your initial provisioning goes well. Once you're installed you can do any upgrades by yourself, with the exception of a ported OV#.
You'd be surprised how many people need the signal adjusted at the pole, or the tech needs to call into the provisioners. Plus, if Cablevision runs the wiring they replace it for free if it goes bad, otherwise there is a charge.
Its worth the initial hassle, to get a strong start and avoid problems in the long run.
Also, the DVR only needs one coax.
Thanks I emailed the other guy with more questions.

I just have a problem with techs in my house. They tend to leave a mess, fingerprints on the walls, etc... Oh wait, that maybe DirecTV guys.

Time Warner Syracuse New York Starz On Demand

Help A 'proud Mama'!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)