Where are my Satellite Guy's gamers at?

Yeah I don't see myself using any $5 credits this year.

Tinkering with Project Spark, can see people doing some really neat stuff with it if the microtransactions don't ruin it.

Sent from my VZW Note 3

I played a couple hours of Don't Starve on the PS4 last night. This is a game I probably would have never tried if it wasn't given out as a free PS+ game. I don't know if this is something I will get wrapped up in for hours but I can see how some people would. The game basically throws you in to a world with no instructions and tells you to survive. You can look at a menu to see which things you need to collect to craft certain items but sometimes even once you have an item it isn't clear what you are supposed to do with it.

I only tried playing three lives and died a different way each time. The first one I survived for 3 days before starving to death. On my second try I died on the 2nd day from eating an item that turned out to be poisonous. On my third try I died on the 4th day trying to kill an animal that I apparently wasn't equipped to take on. That's about as specific as I want to get for now. I don't want to say which poisonous item I ate or which animal killed me because most of the fun of this game seems to be trying to survive without the survival training or knowledge you need to do so.

Like I said, this is one of those games you could probably put countless hours into. I don't think I will let myself sink that far. I won't say I had a great experience last night but it was interesting and I haven't played anything like it before. I will probably put a little more time into it but I tend to focus most of my gaming time on titles where I can experience the story and move on to the next game in my backlog. I'm not even sure if this game has an ending or if it is always just a survive until you die experience. If you have a PS4 you should definitely give it a shot. I won't try to hype it up but I would say it's worth trying for at least one or two lives at it's current PS+ price of $0.

Edit: I just went to check how much this game costs on Steam only to find out I already own it. I must have picked it up in a Humble Bundle or Steam Sale sometime. I think not even knowing you own a game might be a sign that you buy too many games you will never even think about playing. I think I need to seriously change the way I approach these sales from now on and quit buying games unless I have a realistic chance of actually playing them. When the prices are so low I tend to just buy everything I have heard good feedback about.

Last edited:
Well I finally tried fixing my PS3 and I was not successful. I think it's junk now. I'm waiting to see what model my friend has to see if I can use his motherboard. His doesn't read discs at all so maybe I can buy his for parts. If I can't do that then I'm just going to buy a new one. There is a PS3 250GB bundled with The Last of Us for $249. That seems like a pretty sweet deal and I wouldn't mind owning TLOU. The cheapest otherwise was $199 new and it's only 12GB so I figured the game and the storage was worth the extra $50. I'm not sure I trust buying a used one, especially for over the $149 they are going for.

I'm still upset that it didn't work out that I could just get a PS4. Oh well, maybe in a few years.

Well I finally tried fixing my PS3 and I was not successful. I think it's junk now. I'm waiting to see what model my friend has to see if I can use his motherboard. His doesn't read discs at all so maybe I can buy his for parts. If I can't do that then I'm just going to buy a new one. There is a PS3 250GB bundled with The Last of Us for $249. That seems like a pretty sweet deal and I wouldn't mind owning TLOU. The cheapest otherwise was $199 new and it's only 12GB so I figured the game and the storage was worth the extra $50. I'm not sure I trust buying a used one, especially for over the $149 they are going for.

I'm still upset that it didn't work out that I could just get a PS4. Oh well, maybe in a few years.
Here's an idea: Bring it (and any games you don't want anymore) to Gamestop. They buy broken consoles. They may not give you more than $50, but that's something. Also, they're running a promotion where you get 30% extra for trade ins, so you could trade in some games you don't play anymore and put that towards the new PS3 as well. Couldn't help to go in and ask for a quote. Also they take in tablets/old smartphones as well.

Here's an idea: Bring it (and any games you don't want anymore) to Gamestop. They buy broken consoles. They may not give you more than $50, but that's something. Also, they're running a promotion where you get 30% extra for trade ins, so you could trade in some games you don't play anymore and put that towards the new PS3 as well. Couldn't help to go in and ask for a quote. Also they take in tablets/old smartphones as well.

I'd struggle trading that stuff in. I'm a hoarder when it comes to video game stuff.

I'd struggle trading that stuff in. I'm a hoarder when it comes to video game stuff.

I was too until I got to two full bookshelves and had to start stacking games on their sides on top of the games that were standing up. I finally realized that I am never going to touch most of those again and it was time to part with them. I took my 360 and all of my 360/PS3 games except for about 5 or 6 I still wanted to play. I got about $450 for everything and it's sickening when I think about how much I must have paid when I bought most of those games new on day one. Still I turned that shelf of shame into lots of new games. It has paid my way through three seasonal Steam Sales plus quite a few console games and I still have $129 left over.

I have since learned the err of my ways and stopped buying games on day one when I know I can get them in a month or two for a much better price. This is especially true for PC games. Gamefly has been a big money saver for me too. I thought their prices looked pretty steep when I was comparing it to Netflix. When I replace at least one $60 game with my monthly $15 I'm coming out pretty well though.

Well I bit the bullet and just ordered the new PS3 on Amazon. It's the slim version that's 250GB and includes The Last of Us. I got it for $249 with free 2 day shipping so I should have it Saturday already. I'm kind of excited to play through The Last of Us again actually and may look into the DLC. There are a couple good things that come of this, I get a new console, new remote, new game and a very happy 4 year old boy all for $249. Could be worse.

Well I bit the bullet and just ordered the new PS3 on Amazon. It's the slim version that's 250GB and includes The Last of Us. I got it for $249 with free 2 day shipping so I should have it Saturday already. I'm kind of excited to play through The Last of Us again actually and may look into the DLC. There are a couple good things that come of this, I get a new console, new remote, new game and a very happy 4 year old boy all for $249. Could be worse.

Congrats! That's definitely what I would've done, and I don't even have 4 year old to use as an excuse. ;)

Congrats! That's definitely what I would've done, and I don't even have 4 year old to use as an excuse. ;)

I did my research and it just made more sense to spend the extra money and get all new stuff. Used ones were going for $149 to $200 and I'd still have to worry about it failing the same way again. The cheapest ones were $50 and they were broken, for parts only. The cheapest new one was $199 but had no game and was only 12GB. To get a game and extra hard drive space was worth the $50.

I'm suppose to have my new PS3 today but it looks like it will be delayed because of the snow here. I was really hoping to play some games on it today. Oh well, I suppose I can start up one of my other systems.

I should have thought of this before I bought it but does anyone here know if the hard drive I installed in my old, fat PS3 would work in the new, slim PS3?

I should have thought of this before I bought it but does anyone here know if the hard drive I installed in my old, fat PS3 would work in the new, slim PS3?

Yes, it should work just fine. I'm not sure if it will require formatting or not since it was already used in a PS3 though. You also could have bought the cheaper 12GB machine and put your own drive in it.

Yes, it should work just fine. I'm not sure if it will require formatting or not since it was already used in a PS3 though. You also could have bought the cheaper 12GB machine and put your own drive in it.
It will have to be formatted again because the drives are paired with the individual PS3. I found that out the hard way when my original PS3 died and I had no way of transferring the data over to my new PS3.

I just realized that but I still got the game and the storage built in with the bundle. I only would have saved $50 going with the 12GB but I was worried I wouldn't be able to use the hard drive I have. The one I have is a 350GB drive. I have some games saved on it that I would miss but I would assume the drive would have to be reformatted after I install it. Oh well.

I just realized that but I still got the game and the storage built in with the bundle. I only would have saved $50 going with the 12GB but I was worried I wouldn't be able to use the hard drive I have. The one I have is a 350GB drive. I have some games saved on it that I would miss but I would assume the drive would have to be reformatted after I install it. Oh well.

Yeah it sounds like you will lose all of your data unless you were a PS+ member. If you were all your saves would be backed up to the cloud. As for the games, you can always download anything you buy from PSN again so you won't lose those.

You would have had to buy a special mounting bracket to install a HDD into the 12 GB unit, like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1EF0XK7710

I think when you put an HDD that was previously used in a PS3 into a new PS3, it automatically formats it. The only way to transfer all your data/content is to use the Back Up/Restore tool, but if your phat PS3 YLOD'd before you did that, you're out of luck. Hopefully your game saves were backed up on the cloud or an external USB drive.

You would have had to buy a special mounting bracket to install a HDD into the 12 GB unit, like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1EF0XK7710 I think when you put an HDD that was previously used in a PS3 into a new PS3, it automatically formats it. The only way to transfer all your data/content is to use the Back Up/Restore tool, but if your phat PS3 YLOD'd before you did that, you're out of luck. Hopefully your game saves were backed up on the cloud or an external USB drive.

I'm not too upset about it. The only game save I can think of that mattered was Fallout 3. I'll just be happy to have a new system again.

My PS3 showed up this morning. I was home with my boy who woke up sick. Boy did this cheer him up. Once he felt better we played Skylander Swap Force for over 2 hours.

This afternoon I played one of my favorite SNES games that I busted out yesterday, Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run. I love this game and geek out over the trade system during a season. I played 11 games over the last two days and a quarter of my time is spent trying to trade up to make a great tream.

Finally trying out Dishonored..

There's not much insight I can give since I think nearly everyone else here has played the game already. The only thing I feel hasn't been addressed is, this game has by FAR some of the WORST voice acting and character animation of this console generation (7th.) I was amazed at how laughably bad it is. The opening murder scene was about as impactful as watching an episode of Captain Scarlet. Also, the dialogue seems like it was written by a 12 year old, especially that of the guards. The fact that they just speak about what ponces they are (when they're not just pontificating in sentence fragments of swears) does break the immersion quite a bit. The worst part is that you know they're trying really hard to come across as serious, as opposed to a game like Aliens: Colonial Marines where the actors just don't care. Here they were really trying, but I think my two young girls could do just as good of a job.

Other than that, the game does seem intriguing, although I'm torn as to how I should play, whether I do a Low chaos or a High Chaos playthrough. I'm leaning more towards "do whatever seems right at the time" and depending how I like the game and the ending I get, I'll either play again in the opposite way, or just look up the endings on Youtube.

Xbox One, issue with Ready to Install List & External Drive

Possible xbox Hard drive issues....is all lost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)