what is lnbf?

tornadog

Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
I cancelled dish to move to D*TV. In my chat transcript, the csr asked me to return the receiver, smartcard, remotes and lnbf. What is lnbf?

Stands for "Low noise block Feed" inverter. Is that part of the dish that sticks out on the arm back to the dish. If you don't want to go get it, for me it's on my roof and I could not get it, you can let DISH know that you can't go up on the roof and if they want it they can send someone out to get it. They have told customers in the past to just send the other things and never mind the LNBF.
Hope this helps.:)

D should provide a reward for EVERY E dish removed.

The dish gone makes it less likely the sub will return to E for any reason.....

converter

Stands for "Low noise block Feed" inverter. Is that part of the dish that sticks out on the arm back to the dish. If you don't want to go get it, for me it's on my roof and I could not get it, you can let DISH know that you can't go up on the roof and if they want it they can send someone out to get it. They have told customers in the past to just send the other things and never mind the LNBF.

Converter not inverter. It converts the hi freq sat signal to a lower block frequency.

Hi, I think if you do not return the LNBF you will see a charge on your credit card in about a month or two. I'm sure the charge if applied will be much more then the thing is worth. I'm betting that Dish would prefer you not send anything back so that can hose you one last time.

I plan to ship everything back and will note the tracking number, might even take a digital picture of the return box label so I will have something to send to the credit card company to reverse the charge.

Later, DC

I plan to ship everything back and will note the tracking number, might even take a digital picture of the return box label so I will have something to send to the credit card company to reverse the charge. DC
Take a few shots of the receiver as well. Outside and sitting inside the return box to show it was in good condition when you sealed it. Just a little added insurance.;)

I guess I can ask the DTV guy to remove it for me when he comes to install their dish

I don't think the D* installer would touch the E* dish or anything to do with it. Like was said earlier, tell Dish Network it is on the roof and you cannot get to it.

It's also possible the D* installer might want to use your existing mast. In this case he just may take down your old dish to make his job easier. He might do it.

If the existing mast is in a location where it cn get Line of sight to the D* sats, he probably will reuse it. Assuming, of course ,that its mounted securely and in a way satisfactory to the installer.

VIP 722 4K sector HDD

Are Seagate drives still problematic as external drive?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts