What are you watching on D*?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a ISA calibrated CRT rp 65 inch TV and I see little to no difference between D* hd and OTA HD. Maybe you just need a calibration or vision test.

SEAN
if you want to say you watch no D* programing then say no. But you made it into a big anti D* theard. I am truly sorry that you could not get a good enough picture from D* but saying everyone that is happy with the D* HD picture do not know what true HD is, well thats wrong.

Friend said:
In my 2 years of reading this website dragon002 is the biggest fanboy have seen on this website including Dish, cable ... forums. Whenever some one says anything out D* you are pissed off no matter they are right and 100% right.

Sean, forget it, they will never get your point, as they have never saw a good picture so like off-air, for them DTV is best ;)

Rad I have never thought you will become same as others.

Friend, please don't think that I'm a D* fanboy, I'm not. I've done my share of sending e-mails and talking to customer satisifacation reps about their PQ and hardware problems with the R15. In my case they are the less of the three evils.

As I've said, I just got tired of seeing some members always popping into a thread and harping on the HD-Lite issue with D*, even when the original question in the thread didn't mention PQ at all.

They then also say "Just waiting for contract to run out and I will be gone from the D* HD Lite nightmare.... ". So I mention that he should check to see how much it would be to get out of his contract early and he responds "Sorry but if you maybe if I should get the $$$$ from you guys I could go and terminate earlier and not post on the D* forum anymore.". The early cancellation fee on the 24 month contract is $300 and it's prorated down every month $12.50. Let's assume that he has 12 months left, that's $150.00. Now if he has just TC at $41.95 and nothing else that's $504.40 over 12 months. I was just trying to point out that he could save money and get rid of a service that he doesn't like. Guess you just can't question Sean's motives on his postings. :(

Kentstater ,there is where you are wrong. i do installs for DIRECTV as 90% of my income, i used to install voom ( I'm now down to a dozen used and two packs of new IRDS) (cant wait for the garbage man next week), i probably installed 200 systems around Pittsburgh.. i also install plasmas and home theaters. i do commercial sirius and XM.

ive been at this for 6+ years, i am SBCA and directv certified. i also install wildblue. i CAN do direcway (not certified)

i have built a lot of friends and connections at directv, p-10, dsi, hns and the indies.

and as you can see i usually don't do the personal attacks, but if you draw first blood i can play the dozens with the best of them. i don't tell folks to get their eyes checked etc... i have seen all kind of IRD and TV combinations, so i have seen HD. i usually see dishes stuff as I'm de-installing it, and installing directv. not talking down, just stating that i have seen it.

i actually do have a favorite system i thought was stunning. ive done two of them so far. the directv H-10 connected to a PIONEER ELITE series system. it is a very good system , great pq stunning sound and the hookup is very easy.

thank you for the compliment, i will try to take your advice in future posts.

Last edited:
sorry rad, nothing at all, i quoted the wrong post it was meant as a response to kent stater, not you. again sorry, im fixing it now.

Last edited:
This is a great site, You guys get me LMAO. in the morning. To me it is better than the funnies.

dragon002 said:
Kentstater ,there is where you are wrong. i do installs for DIRECTV as 90% of my income, i used to install voom ( I'm now down to a dozen used and two packs of new IRDS) (cant wait for the garbage man next week), i probably installed 200 systems around Pittsburgh.. i also install plasmas and home theaters. i do commercial sirius and XM.

ive been at this for 6+ years, i am SBCA and directv certified. i also install wildblue. i CAN do direcway (not certified)

i have built a lot of friends and connections at directv, p-10, dsi, hns and the indies.

and as you can see i usually don't do the personal attacks, but if you draw first blood i can play the dozens with the best of them. i don't tell folks to get their eyes checked etc... i have seen all kind of IRD and TV combinations, so i have seen HD. i usually see dishes stuff as I'm de-installing it, and installing directv. not talking down, just stating that i have seen it.

i actually do have a favorite system i thought was stunning. ive done two of them so far. the directv H-10 connected to a PIONEER ELITE series system. it is a very good system , great pq stunning sound and the hookup is very easy.

thank you for the compliment, i will try to take your advice in future posts.

Ya got them on the ropes now. Put'em to the mat!!!

D* sub for life..........nuff said

Rad
that is the point I was tring to make also. Cancel and save yourself money on something you wont watch. Guess some people are happy being mad.

Eric Goempel said:
SEAN
if you want to say you watch no D* programing then say no. But you made it into a big anti D* theard. I am truly sorry that you could not get a good enough picture from D* but saying everyone that is happy with the D* HD picture do not know what true HD is, well thats wrong.

These are my original response (below). "None ---> complete HD Lite in my book. Rather watch them on another provider or OTA".

What was so outrageous about that response that requires censorship in your book. Where in my first post, I attacked you or anyone or implied that you did not know what you were watching. You and rad opened this whole can of worms after you explicitly stated that I should not post on the D* forum because you did not like my response. If you are going to make these type of inquiries soliciting every type of response, you may get responses like mine which do not agree with yours or anyone else.

Nothing wrong with that. My initial response was not offensive to anyone it was my opinionn of how I watch TV on D* which you solicited my response and anyone else by opening the topic. Then I was attacked because you all wanted my response to be censored because it did not go with your own views. That's the problem here.

You guys want to censor this stuff like other forums do but that is not fair to anyone here who is interested to get the two sides of the story --- the good and the bad and many times the ugly. Nothing wrong with that. This is why Satguys is great we do not censor any posts of this type (as long as you do not attack anyone on the post or go beyond proper protocol behavior). My initial post had neither. You guys did not agree with it and then try to censor my post by attacking me. I understand that and it is time to move on. I did not like this and I wouldn't like anyone to be censored because their response did not agree with a few.

Eric Goempel said:
Ok How many chaneels do you normally watch on your HD D* system? Which is your favorite?:confused:

None ----> complete HD Lite in my book. Rather watch them on another provider or OTA

Eric Goempel said:
And how many on your SD D* system? Which is your favorite?

Don't watch SD channels on any provider (except for downloading scifi to dishpocket -- BSG). It is waste of time to watch them (poor quality).

Sean Mota said:
You and rad opened this whole can of worms after you explicitly stated that I should not post on the D* forum because you did not like my response.

Sean, sorry if I wasn't clear. My response is that the OP asked a question of what HD channels you watch on D*, simple question, not what channels you don't watch and why you don't watch it, just what do you watch. You then started on your of your HD-Lite responses that we've see over and over and over again. We all know your position on this subject so why mention it again. Now if you want to respond to posts in D* forums which provide something new or useful knock your socks off, your response didn't answer the OP's question and provided no new information. That's all I'm trying to say, we know your position, do you have to restate it in every single D* HD thread? You don't see me over in E* on every post saying sh*tty their hardware is, I've said my piece before, enough's been said by me on that subject.

Now you're the only person that has mentioned anything about censorship, I haven't see anyone else mention it. All that's been said is if you're so unhappy with the service and don't watch it why have it. And if you don't have it then your need to post over here about HD-Lite is elimiated, save you time and saves us time having to go through them to get to some useful information.

Last edited:
Sean

Man I never said anything about censorship. I fought in the military for the right to free speech! I just find this forum more plesent when people do not multi post negitive coments. But when you said I do not know what 'true HD' is, you made it personal.

why would you make a coment like this anyway? "Don't watch SD channels on any provider (except for downloading scifi to dishpocket -- BSG). It is waste of time to watch them (poor quality)."
Yes SD is not as good as HD but saying that 90% of the country and 99% of the world is watching a waste of time product will tend to upset people. Lets just let it drop.

sean,

all you had to say, was, NONE.

he didnt ask why.

he didnt ask when.

he didnt ask how, he stated "with directv"

he didnt ask who.

he simply asked what channels do you watch on directv. (in the directv forum) he didnt ask for opine or commentary.

he was not asking for YOUR critique' of directv

you could have saved a lot of typing by saying ...none.

im paying for a service i dont use because i dont want a charge-off on my credit.

sean...it was that easy.

Believe it or not..I've been watching alot of TNTHD..just finished watching The Fifth Element...this was the first time I have watched this movie and was VERY VERY PLEASED with the HD picture:D

Last edited:
NO!!! you can not be happy with the picture! It is not HD! If you are happy with it then you dont know what TRUE HD is, the kind only CABLE cand give you, and sometimes E* but D* CAN NOT display any picture worth watching!!!

Eric Goempel said:
NO!!! you can not be happy with the picture! It is not HD! If you are happy with it then you dont know what TRUE HD is, the kind only CABLE cand give you, and sometimes E* but D* CAN NOT display any picture worth watching!!!

eric, too funny.

next thing they will have the guy legally blind, having 20 year old cataracts and being insane. hell for even making a statement like that the HD POLICE should come out and confiscate all his equipment.:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

This is Fulphil: you won't beleive this Holsted....

D* HD upgrade woes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)