Voom Looks Behind the Label: Donna Karan 1/26 at 10pm ET

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Voom HD Networks’ Ultra HD will debut Behind theLabel, featuring fashion designer Donna Karan, Jan. 26, the programmer was set to announce Friday at the 2006 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
The half-hour series, hosted by Judy Licht, will present candid interviews with designers.

Behind the Label will grant our viewers an insider’s access to these iconic designers,” Ultra HD vice president of programming Liz Dewey said in a prepared statement. “Behind the Label reinforces our commitment to delivering quality lifestyle content while contributing to our growing library of high-definition programming.”

Source: Multichannelnews

Will Donna Do a 'Demi'?

Full Frontal Fashion's Judy Licht goes Behind the Label with one of the biggest names in fashion history, Donna Karan, on January 26th at 10:00 PM EST on ULTRA HD, the first high-definition channel devoted to the worlds of fashion, beauty and style. Available nationally on Dish Network (Ch 9478 ), ULTRA HD is part of VOOM HD Networks, the largest and most diverse suite of high-definition channels nationwide.

During this candid interview filmed at her magnificent East Hampton estate, the designer opens up about her business, her personal life, her charity, her inspirations and her many achievements. Karan also discusses the elements of her design philosophy which have allowed her to maintain her status as one of America's top designers for over 20 years. Highlights from the half hour episode follow below:

Donna Karan on love, life and why she's not afraid to date someone younger : 'I think age is a state of mind. Men marry younger women all the time, so why can't women have younger men? I want somebody who appreciates nature; loves to ski. I like a creative type. When I saw Demi and Ashton I was so impressed. He's a doll! To handle all that - motherhood, professional life and a new romantic relationship and be able to balance it so beautifully - I knew something very powerful was there.'

On why she and daughter Gaby both keep binoculars handy: 'We are sort of an extension of one another. She lives right across the street from me up on the West Side and she has binoculars, and I have binoculars too by the way, so that she can check out what I am doing in the apartment! She can look in and make sure I'm up to no good.'

Donna on her relationship with friend/idol Barbara Streisand : 'There is probably no person that I admire as much and am inspired by than Barbra... she is so passionate about what she does.'

The next guest to be featured in the Behind The Label series, in March, is fashion designer Kimora Lee Simmons. Soon to follow in April are fashion designers Anna Sui and Narciso Rodriguez. Viewers learn about the inspirations behind their collections and the history that led them to their success.

NBC Closing Book on 'Daniel'

High Definition Look at Mid-America

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)