ViP 722 will not allow you to view DVR

ElectronicSearch

Original poster
Aug 5, 2024
Ohio
I had a ViP 722 DVR from Dish Network and noticed that the Multimedia option where the DVR and recordings are stored was locked and says it’s unavailable. I got this receiver from Goodwill and have a satellite hooked up to it but same thing. Any fixes?

I cannot imagine the DVR will work at all without any active service. There is no way to manage the required security for managing content and what is authorised for one of many reasons.

Last edited:
Please go to the thread “Question about ViP 211 and 211k Support for Vacation Home” starting post 26. Read a few. If this does not explain it all, I can PM more.

I will try to PM you my name and account number later, when I get back home.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Please go to the thread “Question about ViP 211 and 211k Support for Vacation Home” starting post 26. Read a few. If this does not explain it all, I can PM more.

I will try to PM you my name and account number later, when I get back home.
So you’re saying that it’s something to do with dish making a software error? He is also my friend (not the same one with the 211) and its beeen like this since he got it in 2023

I forgot to mention this receiver does not have service and is used for ota
After a set amount of time, those receivers will lose access to the DVR if they haven’t completed a successful call home, back to Dish Network

The other thing, also, is that when we started taking out 222s we replaced them with 722s that had the DVR electronically disabled and this may have been one of those

Just a note: brittanygarden is working with me on this EHD problem. Seems to be getting worse.

And I’m a little perturbed that some guy named McCoy is looking it over and talking to some other guy named Jim. ;) 😂

I attached an old Buffalo non powered HD-PNTU3 “930GB” similar to Passports. Call it “Tuesday.” It had Dish recordings on them. Most unreadable. Let’s call it 1TB. I could see contents.

I attached another similar drive, call it Wednesday, and it formatted just fine on the Hopper3. But when I tried to transfer something to it, I got “transferred with errors.” But nothing transferred.

I will try running them thru my powered hub.

Never heard of getting a 722 at Goodwill...Don't know why you'd want one if not to use its DVR...Subscribing to some minimal service should allow the DVR to work normally including on offair source.

Should I go to Direct?

Dish Hopper 3 Doesn't recognize external hard drive