House of the Dragon

It was originally supposed to be ten.

Eight is more like a miniseries.
Economics are playing hell with all TV productions, especially Cable/Network Shows.

With advertising so down, cord cutting ( loss of per sub fees) and yet, the cost to produce a show is still going up, have to cut back on something, episodes is one of those options.

A lot of returning shows , orders are for 13-18 episodes ( instead of 22-24), new shows are for 10 (instead of 13).

A lot of returning shows are cutting back on how many actors are in a show, TV Line is full of stories about actors being fired because of cost savings.

Absent big-named American talent, what are the big costs of a show such as this?
For House of Dragon, the first season, about $20 Million a episode.

You can google most TV show budgets, for example, ER, a show that ended years ago, it’s budget was $13 Million per, Big Bang Theory, $9 Million, etc.

I really enjoyed season 2. Would I have liked to have seen what's next (I hear it is total chaos), yes, but I'm good with where it stopped. I think season 3 is going to be a ton of death! I'm not a book reader of this so I don't know the outcomes, but we all know from Game of Thrones that all the dragons are dead in much less than 200 years since that show is 200 years later and they talk about dragons as if they have been gone forever, so it must be pretty bad.

Slow Horses - Apple TV

What are you Watching?