The nerve of some people

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In years past, most people with wireless networks were running unsecured. Recently, more and more routers have auto-setup security wizards. Also, people are finding out how dangerous an unsecured Wi-Fi point can be.

My buddy gets mad when he comes to my house and he can't get on the internet here.

uh yah...wait until I turn the wireless portion of my modem ON (I have a desktop so I usually leave wireless part off). Scary thing is he can find 6 connections (including mine) near my house and only 2 are secure

Had a buddy that bought some sort of processor chip for his project for school. He lived in a dorm with no view to the south. He was on the north side of building. His dorm also had cable included in the price. He fought it and won but ended up paying out over 6 grand for that science project.

yeah, never understood how they were able to classify all ISO7816 devices as "pirate" and prosecute anyone purchasing them.

they paid some good money for that privilege- really seemed illegal.

Had a buddy that bought some sort of processor chip for his project for school. He lived in a dorm with no view to the south. He was on the north side of building. His dorm also had cable included in the price. He fought it and won but ended up paying out over 6 grand for that science project.

I firmly believe that anyone who is sued by a company for simply buying technology that could be used for illegal purposes should hire a lawyer and bankrupt the aforementioned company with a devastating lawsuit of their own.

That is the only way that this sort of abuse will stop.

Should anyone who buys a knife be charged with murder?

In The For What It's Worth Department:

Paraphrasing, an old judge that was hearing a trial on burglary, a person was stopped by cops and looking in the car they found a few tools, which could or may have been used as a way to break into a house or office.

The prosecutor said that these tools proved that the arrested person was indeed guilty of burglary.

The judge interrupted with something like "well, I have 'certain' tools but that doesn't make me a rapist."

I understand that case was thrown out.

Photto

I firmly believe that anyone who is sued by a company for simply buying technology that could be used for illegal purposes should hire a lawyer and bankrupt the aforementioned company with a devastating lawsuit of their own.

That is the only way that this sort of abuse will stop.

BIG companies really like to flex their muscle. They know they have the money and can basically extort what they want out of just about anyone. We got sued by f**d motor company for "cyber squatting". It was a perfectly innocent site where people could post LINKS to other sites containing information about their vehicle. Nothing was hosted. This was for those of use who choose to repair our own vehicle- part numbers, schematics, etc.... However, since the site used the word f**d and some links were to copyrighted material, we were served. (funny, because the vehicles of everyone posting were all 10+ years old).

Without a doubt, this could have been won in court. The person we were dealing with flat out said- "yeah, you might win it, but we will bankrupt you in the process". in the end, the settlement terms were less than an attorney's retainer.

We learned a lot about how they operate, as it was around the same time that this was going on:

Ford Slaps Brand Enthusiasts, Returns Love With Legal Punch - Adrants

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Openbox users, don't bother with the latest firmware from Yojia!

circular lnb to linear lnb convert

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)