Sunday Ticket litigation

I didn't say it would disappear, I said it isn't going to go anywhere. I couldn't care less how embarrassing or revealing it is to the NFL, I just don't see why it would result in anything meaningful for fans or change how things are being done today, nor would it have any impact on the draft.
NFL owners be embarrassed? Just like MLB they hid the books, and why would they do that? Probably because they are making insane money and if the Union, and Players find out, wages go up, and take some profit away.

Just look at what the Dodgers did signing 2 players.

NFL owners be embarrassed? Just like MLB they hid the books, and why would they do that? Probably because they are making insane money and if the Union, and Players find out, wages go up, and take some profit away.

Just look at what the Dodgers did signing 2 players.

The NFL shares the bulk of it's revenue with the NFLPA. It's how the salary cap is determined - the more the NFL makes the more players are paid. There are other aspects that don't pertain to that sharing, but just because they're not a public company doesn't mean it's bad that their finances aren't transparent.

Once again, from the head of NFL Media-The pricing for Sunday Ticket will ultimately be set by YouTube, which will also determine various potential packages to offer customers, Prasad said Thursday. That leaves the door open for options like individual team subscriptions. “We hope it continues to be a very accessible price and great opportunity for our fans,” Prasad said.

And right now, it is cheaper, with YTTV it is $250 and $300, with DirecTV it was $300 and $400.

And I already ordered it at $250.
Except your Pricing for D* ST is Off.

I normally got it around $180 without to much trouble.
I felt that was a reasonable price.
Others would get it much less.

...and others they wouldn't give a deal to (like me) aside from that final season that many got it for free without asking.

DirecTV ate those costs to retain customers and had to try and make it up in other ways because they were more sensitive to churn. It's no longer a product they offer because it wasn't sustainable.

YTTV is likely thankful at this point, that so many opted to take advantage, leading to the current circumstances.

But you are not adding in your DirecTV monthly costs, which you were forced to have to get ST.

While you claim $180 off, you are ignoring that monthly bill which is about $40-50 more a month then other services.

YTTV let me sign up as a new customer, so I received ST for $179, once I did that, immediately placed my account on pause, will start it back up the end of August.

I find it a waste of money to pay for paid Live TV right now, especially since most of that very little new content is on streaming services.

Can everyone get that deal, of course not.

But next year, I will do the same, cancel YTTV in January.

But when i restart, should be more options, ESPN will be offering a streaming service, Vemu should be operating, etc.

But you are not adding in your DirecTV monthly costs, which you were forced to have to get ST.

While you claim $180 off, you are ignoring that monthly bill which is about $40-50 more a month then other services.

YTTV let me sign up as a new customer, so I received ST for $179, once I did that, immediately placed my account on pause, will start it back up the end of August.

I find it a waste of money to pay for paid Live TV right now, especially since most of that very little new content is on streaming services.

Can everyone get that deal, of course not.

But next year, I will do the same, cancel YTTV in January.

But when i restart, should be more options, ESPN will be offering a streaming service, Vemu should be operating, etc.
Yes, it would have been nice, had D* offered it as a Stand alone service, but I doubt that the That was an option.

Much like single teams is still not an option ....

Those are a few things that could be available in future years .... although I doubt that the NFL would allow it without a fight.

I question if DirecTV customers without Sunday Ticket would have been impacted by this “collusion” with the NFL over pricing for ST if DirecTV had to raise overall rates to offset the “special pricing deals” that enticed NFL football fans to sign up for Sunday Ticket? Will they see a check for a couple of dollars?

The question I have,is will it change how the NFL presents Sunday Ticket?Will they lower the price?Will they offer team packages.I'm guessing it won't have much of an effect.

Reactions: AZ.
I question if DirecTV customers without Sunday Ticket would have been impacted by this “collusion” with the NFL over pricing for ST if DirecTV had to raise overall rates to offset the “special pricing deals” that enticed NFL football fans to sign up for Sunday Ticket? Will they see a check for a couple of dollars?

Only members of the class are DirecTV Sunday Ticket Subscribers, so no.

The question I have,is will it change how the NFL presents Sunday Ticket?Will they lower the price?Will they offer team packages.I'm guessing it won't have much of an effect.

The only reason they change anything is if they feel there is continued legal exposure over how they currently conduct the Sunday Ticket offering. If there's some differentiation with how fault was found here then nothing changes. Otherwise over the next however many years during appeals they could find themselves building up multiple years of additional billions in legal liabilities if it's potentially all found to be more of the same.

That'd probably be a whole new class action suit though, so many years away if that is to be what changes how they provide access to games.

Reactions: Foxbat
offer it to all cable and sat systems?
Thats what it was Suppose to be This time around ... then it went to 1 streaming company ...
At least thats what they Said they were going to do, when new negotiations came up.

I'm thinking we may see individual team offerings next time around (whenever this agreement ends), they will be priced so that you would choose the whole package anyways in most cases.

Thats what it was Suppose to be This time around ... then it went to 1 streaming company ...
At least thats what they Said they were going to do, when new negotiations came up.

I'm thinking we may see individual team offerings next time around (whenever this agreement ends), they will be priced so that you would choose the whole package anyways in most cases.

This is what people hoped, not what I recall the NFL ever saying.

• Sad
Reactions: Jimbo
When negotiations started, that IS what they said ... it would be open to anyone interested Provider wise.
It was open to anyone bidding on it, as an exclusive, not splitting it up to multiple carriers.

No one else choose to bid except for Streaming Services, who were Amazon, Apple, Disney (for ESPN+, but they only lowballed a offer) and of course Google.

To achieve National availability, only two provider options (DirecTV or Dish) and streaming.

It was open to anyone bidding on it, as an exclusive, not splitting it up to multiple carriers.

No one else choose to bid except for Streaming Services, who were Amazon, Apple, Disney (for ESPN+, but they only lowballed a offer) and of course Google.

To achieve National availability, only two provider options (DirecTV or Dish) and streaming.
So, basically, no one wanted it.
For the Prices the NFL was asking.

So, basically, no one wanted it.
For the Prices the NFL was asking.

I mean... from the very post you quoted, multiple providers wanted it, the highest bidder / most lucrative partnership won.

Not sure why you guys are gaslighting yourselves to try and relitigate this whole thing again.
When negotiations started, that IS what they said ... it would be open to anyone interested Provider wise.

Feel free to quote them ever saying it could be available on a non-exclusive basis with any provider. This is wishful thinking. I have no doubt they said they were open to opportunities with partners in very vague terms, but few if anyone expected it to be a multi-platform offering and the NFL never came out and said that was an objective or desire. They went to the open market with a complex, lucrative package of content and considered their offers.

• Sad
Reactions: Jimbo

John Force Crash