Stargate Writers Have Teamed-Up For A Brand New Sci-Fi Series - The Ark

Is the entire series on Peacock now, or just certain bits and pieces?

Gonna havta search for Ark when I get back home.

Is the entire series on Peacock now, or just certain bits and pieces?

Gonna havta search for Ark when I get back home.
Last episode of season 2 not on Peacock yet. Not sure how long that takes.

I have three episodes left including that one. I'm still entertained which is all that matters to me.

Reactions: TheKrell
Finished last night. Peacock still doesn't have the final episode up so I watched my recording from Syfy. Lesser picture quality from the recording but not completely terrible. Overall I enjoyed the story. I don't tend to spend much time fact checking my entertainment choices so I'm not really bothered by science errors. I would have liked an explanation of how they landed the back sections of the Arcs on the new planet.

Given Syfy's track record I don't think we will probably get any more of this but I thought the same after season 1.

I don't tend to spend much time fact checking my entertainment choices so I'm not really bothered by science errors.
There are facts and there are universal principles (like the fundamental laws of Physics).

Physics is a science and you have to be very careful about ignoring the rules if you're going to call it "science fiction".

The mind-lock coma is an example of ignoring several scientific rules and principles.

The mind-lock coma is an example of ignoring several scientific rules and principles.
That doesn't bother me compared to ignoring the absence of gravity. They clearly have rotating structures on these arcs, and other bits and pieces such as the front section (also detachable) which does not rotate and yet apparently everybody walks around in 1G as though by magic.

It just doesn't pay to pick apart the science on these shows. I'm a scientist and if I always did that, I can't say I've seen much if any true "science" fiction at all. And don't get me started on the ability of the Enterprise to amplify sounds by "1 to the 12th" (Kirk's words IIRC). I watched that episode with my college roommates and you should have heard the howling!

Last edited:
And don't get me started on the ability of the Enterprise to amplify sounds by "1 to the 12th" (Kirk's words IIRC). I watched that episode with my college roommates and you should have heard the howling!
The Original Series (“Those Old Scientists” in “Lower Decks” parlance😉) was effectively written by writers who were working in space for the first time. There were bound to be inaccuracies introduced (“don’t let facts get in the way of a good story”) in the first year.

The Original Series (“Those Old Scientists” in “Lower Decks” parlance😉) was effectively written by writers who were working in space for the first time. There were bound to be inaccuracies introduced (“don’t let facts get in the way of a good story”) in the first year.
I'm sure that is true, but at least they came up with the idea of "artificial gravity" to explain it. Has anybody mentioned that in The Arc?

We, as a race, have formally known about gravity since Newton. Artificial gravity is hard to swallow but it should be the most difficult aspect to buy into, not just one of the many. The reality is that all spacecraft should be cylindrical tubes with elements that don't depend on which way is up being located in the interior (except for defenses and stuff that emits harmful radiation).

Reacher -- Amazon Prime

High Potential-ABC