Stargate Writers Have Teamed-Up For A Brand New Sci-Fi Series - The Ark

I haven't seen any of it. Remakes never seem to be as good anyway.

OK. I'll give it a chance when I get a chance to watch it.
At the risk of being totally wrong, I think this show is the perfect example of the “SyFy” shows don’t that let Science get in the way of the plot. Example:
“We need to find more U-238 Fuel, we have 4 days supply left” “We’ll scan for it” “We found it on a planet and it’s on our trajectory” “But we don’t have enough fuel to get there in time” “We can perform an Orbital Slingshot” “Will that work?” “Yes, but we’ll need to use that Binary Star system.”​

(Okay, I think I should point out that the ship’s drive is sub-light, and has been underway for Proxima Centauri for approximately five years. Since this is supposed to be the closest star system to Earth, HTAF did a binary star system ((let alone a planet with U-238)) come from?!!?)

…and so on. Save yourself the frustration of hoping that this Scyence Fyction show ever gets better to make it worthwhile and never start it in the first place.

I think they’d find U-235 more useful. But: 🙄
That’s not the worse of it. It sounded like to get extra thrust, they were going to use the Chemical reaction in addition to then nuclear one, to get more power. Er, um, yeah…

And then there was the comment that a noble gas, Helium, was somehow causing an organic substance to break down. Wow! 🤯

The Alicia Nevins (Stacey Read) character needs to decide which accent she's going to use and stick with it. There's an awful lot of cockney creeping in on occasion.

I initially thought it might be New Zealand but she's from Zimbabwe.

I was wondering how short the cast was. At 6'2", James Brice (Richard Fleeshman) towers over the rest of the cast.

Spencer Lane (Reece Ritchie) is listed as 5'11" but he often appears to be seeing eye-to-eye with Sharon Garnet (Christie Burke) who is listed as 5'7".

Reactions: TheKrell
Harshness, you have hit upon one of my pet peeves in particular watching romantic comedies and dramas on the Hallmark channels... They keep pairing really tall (6'+) male leads with micro-petite (5'-) female leads. Of course they are supposed to kiss in the end and tiptoes doesn't even cut it for some of these ladies. I wonder if they use a stool for the closeups?

Of course they are supposed to kiss in the end and tiptoes doesn't even cut it for some of these ladies. I wonder if they use a stool for the closeups?
The height differential between Brice and Eva (Tiana Upcheva, 5'6" my eye) is pretty substantial. They aren't standing in most of their kissing scenes;) but when they are, it is an awkward stretch and maybe not so much when it is a closeup.

I’m glad someone asked “why not move over to Ark 3?” instead of striping it for parts to fix the overly-damaged Ark 1. Took long enough.

But then the command module from Ark 1 suffered an implosion (⁉️) as it was being navigated away from the rest of the ship, because someone thought it looked cool in those submarine movies when the hulls got crushed?

Unfortunately, I keep watching for some reason. It’s my guilty pleasure, I guess.

My question is why did all the debris from the disintegrating command module go streaming towards the area between the arcs.

In space, nothing burns... much less spontaneously.

Lots of fiction, very little science.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell and Foxbat

The Voice

The Acolyte - Disney+