Star Trek Discovery

Finished this last night. I have been underwhelmed the last couple seasons and this was no improvement. Glad this one is done. Wonder what is next besides Strange New Worlds? At least SNW remains enjoyable, except for the musical.
I'm in the process of watching, and it's been rather painful. I had to skip an episode (4) that was SO bad. They have thrown logic out the window.

Same with us. We are just finishing them for the sake of finishing them. Should have ended this series after season 3.
I have really disliked the going further into the future after Season 2.

The last episode was like..."Well, we can't decide which finale is the best, so let's just shoot them all".
That is because they didn't know they were being cancelled and this episode was reshot with other scenes to wrap it up. The next season would of been all about the progenitors and that cloud they were in. But Paramount cancelled them.

Power to the ladies, but when did it become acceptable for the Captain to be the extent of the away team?
Like Capt. Kirk who went down on practically every away team they on the original Star Trek , Capt. Michael Burnham did too on Discovery. Besides Michael single handidly solved most of the puzzle over this progenitor tech, so it made sense she would continue.

It wasn't my favorite series, and there are definitely some things I wish they had done differently as they had a clean slate with the time jump.

That said, I still enjoyed it for the most part, like I have all the live action series.

I can honestly say I will NEVER watch Discovery again. The only redeeming value of it was giving us SNW and grudge the cat, beyond that I've got nothing.

Alas, the next series will take place in the same 32nd century world. Blech.

And please, somebody take the keys to the franchise away from Alex Kurtzman.

Now get off my lawn. :)

I can honestly say I will NEVER watch Discovery again. The only redeeming value of it was giving us SNW and grudge the cat, beyond that I've got nothing.

Alas, the next series will take place in the same 32nd century world. Blech.

And please, somebody take the keys to the franchise away from Alex Kurtzman.

Now get off my lawn. :)
You nailed it! Picard, the final season was worth watching, but other than that, trudging through this last season of Discovery has been a rather dull slog. 3 more episodes to go and I'm only going to suffer through them so I can say that I did actually watch all of it and speak from the experience of having suffered through it. Really hoping the upcoming season of SNW is as good as the first two seasons were. And yes, Kurtzman has barely a clue about what Trek should be like. I'd like to see Frakes be the show-runner. He gets Trek...

Last edited:

Broadcast Networks Programming Discussion Thread

The Acolyte - Disney+