Signup problems with DTV-help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vizio2

Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
The system: a)HD-20, DVR-15 receivers purchased before 3/1/06 Rebates apply.
b) 2 std receivers that will be supplied by DTV.

Synopsis of phone calls below in order.

1) Place order and schedule installation. DTV agrees to a 5 lnb dish and supply two std receivers and know the other two I have.

2) Call the next day to check on order. Find out the work order has a 3LNB dish and only a two room install with the 2 std rec's supplied by DTV. Representative says they cannot change order but offer to install incorrect equipment and I would have to reschedule another install to complete properly. The other option is to cancel and place order again. Choose to order again but will delay install.

3) Call back the same day to check on order, it is incorrect once again. Work order shows std dish with 4 std rec's. Rep says they cannot change order and to install incorrect equipment and then request upgrade. Also, notes that since I have purchased the H-20 and DVR-15 they have to do it this way. She INSISTS this is the only way. Hangup more than frustrated. Leave scheduled install date.

This does not seem correct to me that they cannot install properly the first time. What dept should be called to straighten this mess out? Anyone have this experience? Also, the other ?'s that I have had they do not seem to know anything. Thanks for any help.

Vizio2 said:
The system: a)HD-20, DVR-15 receivers purchased before 3/1/06 Rebates apply.
b) 2 std receivers that will be supplied by DTV.

Synopsis of phone calls below in order.

1) Place order and schedule installation. DTV agrees to a 5 lnb dish and supply two std receivers and know the other two I have.

2) Call the next day to check on order. Find out the work order has a 3LNB dish and only a two room install with the 2 std rec's supplied by DTV. Representative says they cannot change order but offer to install incorrect equipment and I would have to reschedule another install to complete properly. The other option is to cancel and place order again. Choose to order again but will delay install.

3) Call back the same day to check on order, it is incorrect once again. Work order shows std dish with 4 std rec's. Rep says they cannot change order and to install incorrect equipment and then request upgrade. Also, notes that since I have purchased the H-20 and DVR-15 they have to do it this way. She INSISTS this is the only way. Hangup more than frustrated. Leave scheduled install date.

This does not seem correct to me that they cannot install properly the first time. What dept should be called to straighten this mess out? Anyone have this experience? Also, the other ?'s that I have had they do not seem to know anything. Thanks for any help.

THIS SCREAMS RETENTION CORRECTION!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Quick question about HD

Will I lose HD DNS as soon as I move?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)