The General / KSAT / C-SAT information

Hi all,

I am reaching out to see if anyone knew, has info on, stories, or has recordings of my father, Chuck Dawson, also known as "The General" on KSAT during the 80's and 90's
Responding to your separate request. I spent over a dozen years in Alaska (1974-1987), following up with work in southern California from 1987-1991. It was not until I returned to the Upper Midwest in 1991 that I had the luxury of installing a permanent dish, and the time to enjoy it. I missed your father's radio career, but started one of my own once I arrived in Wisconsin in 1992. Would suggest that you follow the links that DAVAGE has generously provided, to access a full collection showcasing Chuck's radio work. Another resource would be www.bobcooper.tv which has many publications and recordings from the big dish C-band era. Look for the COOP'S SATELLITE DIGEST collection, which Bob Cooper wrote from October 1979 until the Spring of 1987. Many pictures and articles about the whole industry as it progressed.

Reactions: GeneralsSon
Unfortunately I don't have much to add except to say that I was fortunate to meet your Dad. It was during the CES in Las Vegas around 90 or 91. Shaun Kenny rented a room for a presentation and Chuck Dawson was a guest speaker. Your Dad was a very good communicator.
Shaun Kenny and Greensheet (also yellow rain) was a trip! Never missed him when he came on. I was sad to hear what happened to him.

Reactions: stecle

Keith Lamonica recently passed away. Looking for this old documentary...