Signal interuptus

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
You really know that the storm is bad when you completely lose signal. Well I have 3 over size dishes. 1 is .9 m dish(36"), 2nd is .72 m, & the 3rd is a .65 m. Have lost everything on all channels except for the OTA.

You must have had heavier rain over in your neighborhood.

Our satellite off my little bitty ole' D1000 blinked a couple of times but never went off.

Pretty heavy over here.

You must have had heavier rain over in your neighborhood.

Our satellite off my little bitty ole' D1000 blinked a couple of times but never went off.

Yep at times it was coming down pretty dang heavy. It was only a few mins it was out but signal dropped from over 70 on the spotbeam that "locals" come from to searching for sat. When signal came back w/ the heavy clouds to the SE it went up to 55. It's now back up to 65 on that tp. Planning in next couple of days to move the dish a little then repeak it again. Maybe I can get an even stronger signal on the .9m. There is 1 signal that comes in on that sat at 92.

You really know that the storm is bad when you completely lose signal. Well I have 3 over size dishes. 1 is .9 m dish(36"), 2nd is .72 m, & the 3rd is a .65 m. Have lost everything on all channels except for the OTA.

You might also check the "Solar Outage Report Fall 2010" PDF, a link to which is included in Scott's thread, "It's Solar Outage Season!," at: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/229101-its-solar-outage-season.html.

The 117 page report will show you the approximate time you can expect an outage on any Dish Network channel.

Sunspots can cause complete outages, for up to a few minutes, twice a year.

Everyone who receives data of any kind of a signal from a satellite is affected during the sun outage period. The times change each day.

In addition to spring and fall disruptions, other solar storms can cause irregular outages. More information about irregular activity is located here: Can Solar Tsunamis Affect Life On Earth?

The report will show help you find the time and dates when your area will be affected.

You might also check the "Solar Outage Report Fall 2010" PDF, a link to which is included in Scott's thread, "It's Solar Outage Season!," at: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/229101-its-solar-outage-season.html.

The 117 page report will show you the approximate time you can expect an outage on any Dish Network channel.

Sunspots can cause complete outages, for up to a few minutes, twice a year.

Everyone who receives data of any kind of a signal from a satellite is affected during the sun outage period. The times change each day.

In addition to spring and fall disruptions, other solar storms can cause irregular outages. More information about irregular activity is located here: Can Solar Tsunamis Affect Life On Earth?

The report will show help you find the time and dates when your area will be affected.

Nothing to do w/ solar outage. It was plain and simple the 3" per hr rain storms that went thru the area late in the day. I'm EA and solar outage takes place in the morning for here. Also w/ solar outage it go from 1 sat to the next this took out all the sats for a few minutes in the late afternoon when it was raining like L.

PPV Ordering - Online and HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)