Self Rebooting Hopper

Is there anything connected to it? I've seen reboots from bad OTA signal and external HDD problems. If it will boot and stay running, with the satellite and any external devices all disconnected, you could transfer via ethernet.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Is there anything connected to it? I've seen reboots from bad OTA signal and external HDD problems. If it will boot and stay running, with the satellite and any external devices all disconnected, you could transfer via ethernet.
No. I disconnected all devices. When connecting via Ethernet one of the Hoppers won’t be connected to the dish. How does that work?

Can't you attach the hard drive to a linux machine (leaving it physically in the H3, starting the drive with the H3 then disconnecting the data cable and plugging it into the Linux PC) and copy the DISHARC folder to the other drive and move the programs that way?

Or is that method used to copy the EHD? I forget.

I seem to also remember someone connecting the HD from the old H3 to the new one then doing the copy to an EHD formatted by the new H3. Leave the drives in their original H3 and just swap the data cables. I know I've done it back in the ViP722 days.

Do some searching on this forum there are people who have solved your problem before.

Can't you attach the hard drive to a linux machine (leaving it physically in the H3, starting the drive with the H3 then disconnecting the data cable and plugging it into the Linux PC) and copy the DISHARC folder to the other drive and move the programs that way?

Or is that method used to copy the EHD? I forget.

I seem to also remember someone connecting the HD from the old H3 to the new one then doing the copy to an EHD formatted by the new H3. Leave the drives in their original H3 and just swap the data cables. I know I've done it back in the ViP722 days.

Do some searching on this forum there are people who have solved your problem before.
I don’t have a Linux box so that’s out. I’ll check into accessing the internal HD so maybe hope.

I have an old Mint PC. I am considering doing something like this with my no longer recognized by Dish EHDs and copy to a much larger, new EHD. But I’ll have to update and do more research to get the steps right. Some are RAID units, so the risk is minimized.

Hopper keeps rebooting so have a new one coming. My question is there any way to transfer recordings from the old Hoppers HD if it won’t stay booted?

Hopper keeps rebooting so have a new one coming. My question is there any way to transfer recordings from the old Hoppers HD if it won’t stay booted?
So I’ve decided to extract the old HD and use a SATA to USB to connect to the new H3. I opened the old H3 and this is what I found. 🤨

Attachments

• IMG_6019.jpeg
    IMG_6019.jpeg
    343.1 KB · Views: 3

Hopper Power on question with 54 remote.

mydish App Log In Issue