Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Yesterday SatelliteGuys turned 21! (I had it written down on my calendar at work, which didn't do good reminding me since I dont work on Saturdays... lol!)

In the 21 years SatelliteGuys has been a living history book, showing the good times and bad times of the Satellite and television industry!

My thanks for all the Pub Members over the years who have helped us keep the lights on for everyone over these 21 years. I couldn't have done it myself thats for sure.

For those who have been here awhile and haven't helped us support the site, I do hope you will consider it as with ad revenue declining we could use the help. Not to mention that we are waiting on upgrades that I personally don't have the money to put in for right now. To help us out please visit https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/account/upgrades. also note, that I do NOT get paid to do this site, the money you give goes in to keeping the site going.

The Satellite Industry and the world of Television Technology may be changing, but I intend to keep us here through all these changes, to not only inform people on the changes in the future, but teach them about the technology of the past.

A sincere THANK YOU to everyone for 21 years!

I knew there was another birthday yesterday, didn't snap... Happy Birthday SatelliteGuys!
Same here, yesterday I kept thinking what is significant about 9/7. I just could not put my finger on it. It was in my calendar also, but being Saturday, I didn't even look at the calendar. Happy Birthday SatelliteGuys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Happy Birthday"
Kermit The Frog Yes GIF

Thank you to the one donor who donated $100 to help us out for our anniversary today!

I am hoping we can raise some more so we can renew all our expired plugins so we can upgrade the software. I hate that we are now way out of date. They just released a new version on Tuesday so now we are three revisions behind of our forum software.

Thank you for anything that you can do.

Thank you to the one donor who donated $100 to help us out for our anniversary today!

I am hoping we can raise some more so we can renew all our expired plugins so we can upgrade the software. I hate that we are now way out of date. They just released a new version on Tuesday so now we are three revisions behind of our forum software.

Thank you for anything that you can do.
So, do you buy the most current one and it covers you to current ?

So, do you buy the most current one and it covers you to current ?
We are up to day on the forum subscription, its all the various plugins that we need to bring up to date to work in the next version.

We didn't renew most of them as they were not updated in YEARS. When you license a plugin you can keep using the latest version you had, however if your subscription expires and they come out with a new version you can not download and install the new version until you subscribe or license that plugin again.

As we learned that bad Sunday a few weeks ago when we were down most of the day the new 2.3 software won't run (or run correctly) with some plugins which needed to be updated for 2.3

Plugins range from $15 through $60 each to renew. And to be honest some are way overpriced, but it is functionality that many have come to rely on here over the years, so I would hate to revert us back to not having certain features.

BTW here is the latest release notes for the new 2.3.3 version. XenForo 2.3.3 & Add-ons Released

To get an idea on prices for add ons you can see them here. Resources

Remove account

Search Function