San Francisco local HD channel pixilation

shimma

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
I wonder if it is just a coincidence that since "The Fire" disrupted four HD channels , two of my local HDs, KNTV and KPIX, have been pixilating and cutting out like mad.

I checked all the diagnostics and everything is in the green. The troubling detail is that the "modified" signal strengths are now much lower, in the upper 40s and low 50s. Did Dish screw up?

Thank you.:confused:

I would say no as the fire was not at echostars / dish network's facility. Dish usally passes on what is recived from the station. It could be anything from encoding at dish's end to the station passing a bad signal. :)

I wonder if it is just a coincidence that since "The Fire" disrupted four HD channels , two of my local HDs, KNTV and KPIX, have been pixilating and cutting out like mad.

I checked all the diagnostics and everything is in the green. The troubling detail is that the "modified" signal strengths are now much lower, in the upper 40s and low 50s. Did Dish screw up?

Thank you.:confused:

I rarely watch our locals unless it's sports so I can't really help you there. I noticed audio sync problems a couple of nights ago on KGO HD but that's about it.

With the new SS 40s to 50s it's good enough and since we haven't had any rain here in the Bay Area in a while, it's not a problem with your dish. I'd try what Jim suggested.

equptment shartage

Locals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts