Samsung HD PVR (DVR)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fleegreen

Original poster
Aug 8, 2004
I am interested in knowing of Samsung's plans for a DirecTV HD PVR (aka DVR)
Samsung as all the set top boxes so when can we anticipate an all in one HD DirecTV receiver and HD recorder? I'm expecting to see one announced within the next couple of months. Anyone care to comment?

Sorry to say we will never see another Samsung or any other brand DIRECTV receiver or DVR. DIRECTV has decided to only market STB and DVR under the DIRECTV brand name.

Well that stinks, why and when did they decide to do this? Will this only be for Receivers with Tivo or all Direct TV recievers?

wbuffetta said:
When We Had Choices The Competition made The Products Better.
I say AYE to that one. The HIRD-E86 was about the worst built receiver ever. In their defense I love the HTL-HD, but as well all well know that is an LG branded box too. I have always been a believer in that competition produces innovation, so I would agree that in general this is bad news.

slacker9876 I have always been a believer in that competition produces innovation said:
Competition generally produces lower prices. Innovation is a complex phenomena that involves corporate vision, corporate research labs and startup's creating new markets (rather then competition in existing markets).

wwilson said:
slacker9876 I have always been a believer in that competition produces innovation said:
Competition generally produces lower prices. Innovation is a complex phenomena that involves corporate vision, corporate research labs and startup's creating new markets (rather then competition in existing markets).
OH, WELL ALLOW ME TO RETORT!

You feel the point is worth arguing why? If you look at the word innovation it is quite plain that you are complicating the situation. Examining the definition and usage of the word; when companies are competing, innovation is a natural progression. This is only expounded by the fact that America as a whole is materialistic and we all know that deep down inside we all want better products than our neighbor has.

So like I said before, competition produces innovation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Moving soon and need help

I ahve had service for one day and....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)