PQ improving on Starz & HBO????

Status
Please reply by conversation.
LonghornXP said:
The latest word I've got is that spaceway is having a little bug and they are trying to get it under control. Right now this isn't good. I think you know what this bug is.

I just don't like the sound of my contacts voice right now.

Edit...right now D* doesn't have control over the satellite. They need to activate the truster to move the satellite back towards 101 and its not working. As of right now its slowly moving further and further away from 101 and will keep doing so until they can activate the truster. This isn't good news in anyway shape or form.

OK Longhorn that was a severe BUZZKILL!

vurbano said:
SO basically Spaceway1 is hurdling around the earth out of control. Way to go D*
C'mon now, you know its not that bad. I must say though the last check put her at 111.83 ... hopefully operations can park her before she moves around to 231.00. LOL, but really this is insane!!! Unless they decided to move it to 119 (yeah right) it is kind of whipping around up there. Correct me if I am wrong, but in an equatorial orbit doesn't that translate to 1,000 MPH just hanging out?

vurbano said:
thats an issue

If LonghornXP's contact told him that, it may be the case, but it has nothing to do with what Lyngsat.com is showing since it has shows nothing different than it has been since SpaceWay-1 was launched.

~Alan

LonghornXP said:
Boeing is working to push an update to the spaceway satellite from the closest satellite to spaceway 1. They are going to try and wipes spaceway 1s operations code and software and replace it with just basic core operations software to try and gain control of it. They don't think the satellite hardware itself is the problem but that the software and operations code somehow got corrupeted. Now the good side of this issue is that its life isn't being reduced and at worst case they could thrust it back around to conserve its usage but that might take 6 months to get around orbit. To move it back againsts orbit would require contact trusting and that would greatly reduce the life of the satellite. If they can get control of it within the next day or so they can avoid that long haul around orbit.

Oh why can't my contacts at MacDill call me back quicker.

DUDE!?!?! Are you on the phone with Chase Carey or something?!?! How in the heck could you find out operational data like that? You're one of them Roswell kids aren't you?!?

All Jokes aside I agree with charper ... huge buzzkill buddy.

Is there some reason this could not be parked at 119? Since that is where it is apparently headed, certainly someone can file paperwork with the FCC or whatever. Okay, that did sound kind of dumb but man this is INSANE.

Alan Gordon said:
If LonghornXP's contact told him that, it may be the case, but it has nothing to do with what Lyngsat.com is showing since it has shows nothing different than it has been since SpaceWay-1 was launched.

~Alan
NOTHING DIFFERENT?! Look at this page http://www.lyngsat.com/tracker/space1.html the position is changing 15 time a minute. 112.16W degrees and counting.

Man, I would not consider loss of guidance systems a minor bug. I know that D* has to spin this when talking to anyone (even internally!) but MINOR? If they truly have lost control of a bird, that's a big issue.

Hopefully Boeing's s/w push will correct the problem, and everything will still go off on schedule.

slacker9876 said:
DUDE!?!?! Are you on the phone with Chase Carey or something?!?! How in the heck could you find out operational data like that? You're one of them Roswell kids aren't you?!?

All Jokes aside I agree with charper ... huge buzzkill buddy.

Is there some reason this could not be parked at 119? Since that is where it is apparently headed, certainly someone can file paperwork with the FCC or whatever. Okay, that did sound kind of dumb but man this is INSANE.

I happen to have a high clearance as is stated by me in several other forums. Because the AirForce keeps track of some of these things and I'm called into MacDill many times I happen to have people I can call. If they did plan on parking it they would do so at 110 not 119 because the further away you park it the more power (life of the satellite reduced) is required to send it back from 119 towards its final orbital location. It takes power to go againsts the orbit didn't you know.

slacker9876 said:
NOTHING DIFFERENT?! Look at this page http://www.lyngsat.com/tracker/space1.html the position is changing 15 time a minute.

Yes, that has worried me since SpaceWay-1 started appearing on the tracker, but I've been told SEVERAL times that that is not an issue.

LonghornXP's contacts may be telling him something that we're not aware of, but it's been going that fast on Lyngsat.com for at least a month now, and up until recently, DirecTV-8 was going that fast.

~Alan

Alan Gordon said:
Yes, that has worried me since SpaceWay-1 started appearing on the tracker, but I've been told SEVERAL times that that is not an issue.

LonghornXP's contacts may be telling him something that we're not aware of, but it's been going that fast on Lyngsat.com for at least a month now, and up until recently, DirecTV-8 was going that fast.

~Alan

I've got word that Spaceway was supposed to be parked at 102.3 and when they pushed the thrusters to park it and get it into stationary orbit is when all hell broke loose. I can surely say that in no way would they decide to park it at 119 when they could do so at 110. Again to bring it back requires power and that reduces the life of the satellite which is why they don't like to move satellites very often. Why would they waste the life of a satellite to park it at 119 when they could just as well use 110.

cr0mag said:
Man, I would not consider loss of guidance systems a minor bug. I know that D* has to spin this when talking to anyone (even internally!) but MINOR? If they truly have lost control of a bird, that's a big issue.

Hopefully Boeing's s/w push will correct the problem, and everything will still go off on schedule.

I was told it was a minor bug 24 hours ago and when I posted that it was before I started calling my contacts because I noticed it was close to 110 at that time. Once I got a hold of a contact of mine that I trusted I found out that the minor bug was jumped into a very big bug like a total shutdown of systems.

Alan Gordon said:

~Alan
Ahhhh. Well while that doesn't make anyone down here "feel" better if it has been freaking out for a month now they should be close to getting it right.

LOL, this is freaking insane. Cr0mag guidance system can be flashed, even from Earth about 100 times faster than your Dell (or what ever you have) as you might imagine the instruction sets are quite limited. However, Longhorn said they are blasting the whole thing and reloading. Granted it was MUCH farther away, the Mars rover had the same thing done and it took days .... BUT THEY GOT IT OPERATIONAL. I am just glad it is not my responsibility :)

slacker9876 said:
Ahhhh. Well while that doesn't make anyone down here "feel" better if it has been freaking out for a month now they should be close to getting it right.

LOL, this is freaking insane. Cr0mag guidance system can be flashed, even from Earth about 100 faster than your Dell (or what ever you have) as you might imagine the instruction sets are quite limited. However, Longhorn said they are blasting the whole thing and reloading. Granted it was MUCH farther away, the Mars rover had the same ting done and it took days .... BUT THEY GOT IT OPERATIONAL. I am just glad it is not my responsibility :)

They aren't sending the update from earth. They are sending it from the closest satellite that can send it. Even though the spaceway satellite isn't operational it can still be flashed but only from a very close satellite can has the ability to send it directly to it.

The minor bug wasn't anything big it only became big when everything shut down when they went to activate the thruster (which requires a massive amount of power).

Edit...expect spaceway 1 to be at 113 degrees within minutes.

Okay so new topic in the middle of the thread. Is the information provided by Lyngsat reliable enough that we can trust it? "Simulated Real Time" ... meaning this is an estimated track or an actual one that is delayed?

Remember to go go easy on those that are dumber than you :p

I had always thought this was live data and we may have stirred this pot for nothing if we are looking at estimated tracks from 5 days old info ...

LonghornXP said:
I've got word that Spaceway was supposed to be parked at 102.3 and when they pushed the thrusters to park it and get it into stationary orbit is when all hell broke loose. I can surely say that in no way would they decide to park it at 119 when they could do so at 110. Again to bring it back requires power and that reduces the life of the satellite which is why they don't like to move satellites very often. Why would they waste the life of a satellite to park it at 119 when they could just as well use 110.

What I was trying to tell everybody, is that Lyngsat.com is not showing an increase in speed. It's going the same speed as it has been for a month on Lyngsat, and that the tracker is not showing any thing different now, and since the Air Force last updated the page on Friday, Lyngsat is only "extrapolating its location based on the last orbit (ie assuming no engine burns) since Friday.

Again, I repeat, if you want to, listen to LonghornXP, but DO NOT pay attention to where Lyngsat has SpaceWay listed until the Air Force updates its position to Lyngsat.

~Alan

slacker9876 said:
Okay so new topic in the middle of the thread. Is the information provided my Lyngsat reliable enough that we can trust it? "Simulated Real Time" ... meaning this is an estimated track or an actual one that is delayed?

Remember to go go easy on those that are dumber than you :p

My contact at the AFB says its at 115.26 right now and that was as of two minutes ago. So that means no that website isn't updated right away but as long as it shows spaceway moving away it is indeed moving away.

Alan Gordon said:
What I was trying to tell everybody, is that Lyngsat.com is not showing an increase in speed. It's going the same speed as it has been for a month on Lyngsat, and that the tracker is not showing any thing different now, and since the Air Force last updated the page on Friday, Lyngsat is only "extrapolating its location based on the last orbit (ie assuming no engine burns) since Friday.

Again, I repeat, if you want to, listen to LonghornXP, but DO NOT pay attention to where Lyngsat has SpaceWay listed until the Air Force updates its position to Lyngsat.

~Alan

Its not going to move any faster but that isn't the problem. The problem is stopping it from moving and bring it back or at least putting it into stationary orbit where it is. Also Lyngsat ties into the AFB tracking system so when the AFB is actively refreshing the track Lnygsat will be refreshed. Right now I've seen Lyngsat update spaceway 1s location at least 40 times in the last 30 minutes and my contact at the AFC is telling me that they are tracking it live but outsite tracking (Lyngsat) would still have delays in the minutes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirecTV Petitions FCC vs. In Demand

Logo?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)