Powermax Vbox

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As I recall, the only error code any of those boxes generates, means it lost pulse counts when it tries to move the dish.
Check your wires to the reed switch, the connection on the back of the Vbox, and make sure nothing crawled into your motor. ;)

Of course, if the dish doesn't move at ALL, then maybe it's a motor wire that's open, and THAT is why you aren't getting any pulses. ;)

edit:
Do you hear the relays click when you command a move?
As a last resort, you could check to see if the 36 volts (maybe as much as 50v) comes out of the box for a split second, when a move is requested.

My VBox X gives me that error code when I hit either of the limit switches in the arm too, which is because the dish stops and no counts are seen from the reed switch.

Take the whole actuator to your Dentist since more likely it lost several plastic teeth on the plastic gears inside the motor shaft and that is why it does not move at all anymore. The same thing happened to mine, a barely 1 year old 36" heavy duty motor manufactured by MOTECK in Taiwan , that, as per pictures of the PMA24 PowerMax seems to be the exact copy and more than likely built by the same Moteck company. It does not surprise me that the outcome with both actuators end up being the same.
I do sincerely hope that I am wrong on the guessing and that it is only a wire issue or maybe the Vbox relay contact sticking as it also happened to me once. I had to hit the relay with my finger to make it work again.

I took the motor down and hooked it up to the Vbox and the same thing happened. It clicked ones and then stopped. I'm about ready to open it up and see if anything is loose in there.

After tacking the motor apart and putting back together( I really don't know what that accomplished) the motor is moving west but when I go back east it gives me me the err 2 display and if I try to go west it wont move. So what now.. a new actuator arm?

Maybe try resetting the east and west limits in the receiver's antenna setup menu.

My AZbox goes screwy on the Gbox when using the software blind scan. But then
again, the display on the Gbox is a "limit reached" code, and not an error.

Hope this helps.

Have you tried running the actuator back and forth with a car battery?

It won't move very fast, but maybe you can verify that the motor/gearing and screw part is functional and not causing your problem.

Just reverse your power wires on the power source to reverse direction.

Also, if you do it with the motor cover off you can watch your mechanical limit switches to see if they are being actuated.

Here is some extra info i hope may work for you.Your problem is coming from one of these items! The V box,receiver or the actuator!Time to narrow it down.If your moving your dish by using the receiver via the v-box!disconnect receiver and just use the v box remote to move the dish!If the problem is still there then i would say that the receiver is not the problem.I have not tried a car battery to troubleshoot but that sounds like a good idea to see what is bad! the actuator or the v-box.Try reseting the limits on the v box first!if that wont work then reset the actuator limits!I have included instructions on how to do this.The reed switch in the actuator may be sticking and causing the problem also.Reed switch's are alot cheaper to replace than getting a new actuator,so you may try replacing the reed switch first if all fails.PS remember to make sure all wire connections are good first.Hope this helps! Stan

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    1,004.7 KB · Views: 237
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Well I have eliminated the receiver and Vbox they are both working fine. My actuator motor is now officially dead. I don't think I want to go with another Powermax and do I really need a 24" for my 40+ pound dish. Thanks you guys for your help and advice.

Glad to help! Let us know what you get for a replacment and how well it works.My 24" Moteck super powerjack i bought from sadoun last year seems to be working well!but i did buy a replacement motor for it just in case it fails.

I went the local dealer and got me a Super Power Jack 24. I probably paid a little too much but what the heck my dish is operational. Thanks every body.

Wow!, you changed names from Jose Mierda to Juan Mierda! still the same mierda than before. I made my coments before hoping you will try to replace it at least with a used american made old actuator and more importantly hoping I was wrong and it was not the actuator.

I beleive you said you opened it but did not see anything broken , like I said my Moteck (even a heavy duty) had several plastic teeth broken for no apparent reason. And yes, I will spread this Evangelio until I die. I tell this true story even to people that have digital cable, lol.

Again best of luck on your new actuator! Sounds like you bought the heavy duty Moteck version.Some have had some bad luck with moteck and other lower cost actuators but if you can get at least a few years out of one i think its worth it unless you want to spend alot more $$ on a better brand.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Geniatech DVB-S troubleshoot

lyngsat has a screwup!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)