please help me

Status
Please reply by conversation.

screwed

Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
I want to subscribe to Nfl package and 2 room system w/dvr , I am a new customer. Simple! Not! I go to circuit city they say no phone line no subscribe period. I go to best buy and no one helps me, so I go back home and re-read the forums stating I don't need a phone line. Go back to best buy the next day and fight with the guy and finally order the system and get my install date. A day before the install I get a call saying I need a permit to install my dish! I go to Fcc website and it says it is illegal for a city to charge money for a permit(my city wants 25$) so my free installation went from 25$(shipping and handling) to $50. Funny thing is I have 2 dishes on my roof. So install is cancelled - I call directv they tell me to call best buy and best buy tells me to call directv. Any way I tell both companies I can do this myself and now they want to charge me for the triple lnb dish the receivers and everything. The free deal is only with professional installation. This is after my ss#, credit check, credit card # etc.
I joked with my wife that I was gonna fingerprint the installer. Can anyone help?

That doesn't sound right at all. I've done plenty of activations for new customers that didn't have a phone line connected to the receiver at all.

Oh! But you're getting a DVR? That explains the issue. The phone line is required for DVR ACTIVATION, and, I am told, is required for TiVo to work properly.

The only reasons we (DTV) refer you to a dealer, such as Best Buy, are:
- If you don't have a valid Mastercard or Visa credit card, and then, only if you don't live in Mass. or Penn.

Actually, that's pretty much the only reason.

As for the run-around you've gotten, if we told you to go to Best Buy, then we can't get your equipment setup and installed, for the above reason, or perhaps one of the others. So, Best Buy WOULD be who you'd have to go through in order to get the equipment installed. If they're referring you back to DTV, then they're full of it, unless I'm missing something.

100144618 said:
That doesn't sound right at all. I've done plenty of activations for new customers that didn't have a phone line connected to the receiver at all.

Oh! But you're getting a DVR? That explains the issue. The phone line is required for DVR ACTIVATION, and, I am told, is required for TiVo to work properly.

The only reasons we (DTV) refer you to a dealer, such as Best Buy, are:
- If you don't have a valid Mastercard or Visa credit card, and then, only if you don't live in Mass. or Penn.

Actually, that's pretty much the only reason.

As for the run-around you've gotten, if we told you to go to Best Buy, then we can't get your equipment setup and installed, for the above reason, or perhaps one of the others. So, Best Buy WOULD be who you'd have to go through in order to get the equipment installed. If they're referring you back to DTV, then they're full of it, unless I'm missing something.
What ever happened to independent retailers getting referrals? Do you have to be a Billion Dollar corporation for Directv to recognize you? :(

Get everything credited and then call Robert at Value Electronics. Link is at top of page, you even get a discount for being a member here. Just mention that you are.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

"New customer" free pay per view coupons?

VOOM's 21 HD Channels on DirecTV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)