SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
When could we see Dish network pick up all the chicago PBS Stations in HD
WTTW Channel 11
WYCC Channel 20

Thanks

bluegras

When hell freezes over! LOL I dont know why dish doesnt pickup all of the HD channels in the Chicago land area as EVERY provider minus dish has these channels. All I can tell you is if you serously want your local news, sports and entertaiment coverage in full time HD run away from dish and switch providers. As of right now that's the only way you will see your local news, sports and entertainment in full time 100 percent hd no questions asked, no games missed, no news casts missed is to switch providers.

When it comes to anything Local for Chicago. Dish doesnt do it right, and they havent gotten it right.

PBS Chicago HD Stations For Dish Network

here is a converstation that i had with dish network a while ago to see if we can get these channels added in HD along with WCIU also in HD

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
(04) Tu1P Kristyn P.TJH: How may I help you?
Allen Culver: Hi Kristyn how are you doing today
(04) Tu1P Kristyn P.TJH: I'm great.
Allen Culver: maybe you can help me out on something
(04) Tu1P Kristyn P.TJH: I'd be happy to assist you with your request. In order to better assist you I will need to access your account. Can you please provide your home telephone number or the 16 digit account number listed on your DISH Network bill statement?
Allen Culver: i do not have one right now but i wanted to ask you a question?i wanted to let you know that these stations are now avaiable in HD in the chicago illinois
Allen Culver: 11-00 WTTW CHICAGO, IL (PBS) - 8496 SD 110° 31s19 A 8496 SD 61.5° 9s11 A
20-00 WYCC CHICAGO, IL (PBS) - 8501 SD 110° 31s19 A 8501 SD 61.5° 9s11 A
(04) Tu1P Kristyn P.TJH: Thank you.
(04) Tu1P Kristyn P.TJH: One moment.
Allen Culver: 26-00 WCIU CHICAGO, IL - 8497 SD 110° 31s19 A 8497 SD 61.5° 9s11 A
Allen Culver: can you add these onto Dish Network
Allen Culver: in HD
(04) Tu1P Kristyn P.TJH: I can put in a channel request form.
Allen Culver: that would be allright with me i wanted to let you know about this
(04) Tu1P Kristyn P.TJH: At this time, we only receive the right to broadcast it in SD, the news station would be the ones to contact because we cannot show it unless we have the rights to do so.
(04) Tu1P Kristyn P.TJH: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
Allen Culver: what would i need to do get in touch with the stations
(04) Tu1P Kristyn P.TJH: One moment.
(04) Tu1P Kristyn P.TJH: The phone number may be listed in the phone book, but we do not have that information. It would be one of your local stations.
Allen Culver: then what should i do i have to contact the tv stations and let them know that Dish would like to carry your channel in HD and would like to do so
(04) Tu1P Kristyn P.TJH: WCIU, The U is their website ad they may have a feedback section to suggest that.
Allen Culver: how about the PBS stations?
The agent is sending you to WTTW Chicago Public Media - Television and Interactive.
Allen Culver: here is a website that you might want to check it has a list of all the tv stations on it with the listings
Allen Culver: DISH Network Local Channels List - DBSTalk.Com
(04) Tu1P Kristyn P.TJH: Ok.
(04) Tu1P Kristyn P.TJH: The stations may be broadcast in HD in your area, but on the Dish Network side, we do not have the contract and cannot show it in HD until we have that contract signed.
Allen Culver: please send these to the higher ups let them know that these stations are listed on that website that i sent you
(04) Tu1P Kristyn P.TJH: You can forward that concern to: feedback@customermail.dishnetwork.com.
Allen Culver: let me get in touch with these stations
(04) Tu1P Kristyn P.TJH: Ok.
(04) Tu1P Kristyn P.TJH: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network, have a wonderful day!
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
[/FONT]

let me know what you think what else should i do

thanks

Bluegras

if you don't mind paying ?$23 a month, you could sub to basic comcrap (the one without the digital box) and get all of the Chicago locals on your tv with Qam tuner. All possible locals in HD are in HD on basic comcast.

Or you can hook up an indoor antenna as I do and get everything in HD and integration with my DVR...

When hell freezes over! LOL I dont know why dish doesnt pickup all of the HD channels in the Chicago land area as EVERY provider minus dish has these channels. All I can tell you is if you serously want your local news, sports and entertaiment coverage in full time HD run away from dish and switch providers. As of right now that's the only way you will see your local news, sports and entertainment in full time 100 percent hd no questions asked, no games missed, no news casts missed is to switch providers.

When it comes to anything Local for Chicago. Dish doesnt do it right, and they havent gotten it right.

Ohio Court Oks Satellite Tax

No audio ViP722k from HDMI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)