OTA DTV Channel Surfing

johnnybwis

Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
I know I've seen this issue mentioned but I have a hard time believing that my problem with the 811 is normal. When selecting the OTA channels it appears the receiver will not get the signal. It reboots goes through its 5 step process and downloads the the program guide. This takes several minutes. I have eight Digital channels and the signal is 80 to 90%. This can happen 3 - 4 times in a 1/2 hour if I am switching channels. Do I have a bad box? My 6000 did not do this. If it cannot lock on to a channel let me scan to the next channel don't let me sit with nothing waiting for the damn thing to reboot.

Software Version P282Land-N
I just got this reciever and would have thought the start up would have given me the latest version. Also Dish tech support told me yesterday that I had the latest version. So I need to enable automatic updates and turn the box off at night?? - to get the software upgrade.

johnnybwis said:
Software Version P282Land-N
I just got this reciever and would have thought the start up would have given me the latest version. Also Dish tech support told me yesterday that I had the latest version. So I need to enable automatic updates and turn the box off at night?? - to get the software upgrade.
Turn off the box now, leave the TV on. You might see the download start right up, and there'll be a progress bar. It takes about 1/2 hour to download.

what home theater systems work with the 811

Is this pole suitable for a Dish300/500?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)