One receiver trying to get singnal of 6

translog

Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Hi Guys or Gals need you help on this.

Recently had a professional install a dual LNB w/2 switches to provide for 6 receivers providing for 8 ultimately. Everything was great until I redid 2 feeds from one of the LNB's ( Cut re-fed and reconnected )to reroute the lines during a basement renovation.

One of the feeds of that particular LNB heading into the master bedroom provides only sporadic viewing while it tries to find the satellite with no picture the rest of the time. The fact that I redid the connections with a $7 stripper and twits on connectors be the source of the problem? Could only one side of a particular LNB be bad? Perhaps getting a professional crimper would be the answer first. The guys who installed cannot be reached at this time, they are overbooked.

And by the way from what I can see the other LNB does not seem to be grounded.

Thank you for your help

translog :) :)

First suggestion is go buy some premade cables to replace the ones you made, very good chance you have a short/bad connection on those cables.

I get the idea Van. I will be getting a proper crimper today and failing that check the switch by using the other as a test. Someone had posted that their new switch was a culprit as well.

Thanks in advance, will describe the fix once accomplished.

translog

going back to cable...for now

XMSR declares a dividend on Prefeerred Stock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)