Older dish with newer receiver

beeheck

Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
Iowa
I have a Dish VIP211 receiver and want to know if I put up a Dish 500 Pro dual LNB will the two be compatable? If they are will I get HD?

I have a Dish VIP211 receiver and want to know if I put up a Dish 500 Pro dual LNB will the two be compatable? If they are will I get HD?

Do you mean the DISH 500 with DPP Twin? If so, the two are compatible, however you will need a wing dish for HD pointed at sat 129.

Or do you mean DP dual?

What is your current setup?

sorry I'm not a tech

I don't know what a DPP is or a dual dp.... sorry

The part that receives has two heads one is 110W the other is 119W

I don't know what a DPP is or a dual dp.... sorry

The part that receives has two heads one is 110W the other is 119W

Yeah, sounds like a DPP Twin. It has 3 coax connectors right?

If so, then you can simply use one coax from either the 110 or 119 connectors, run it to the 211's sat-in connector, and you're done as long as the dish is properly aimed and you do a check switch.

Though, you will need a wing dish connected to the LNB In port of the DPP Twin, aimed at 129, for HD.

One more question, what is a wing dish? Is it just another dish used to complete HD?

Yeah, it's a second dish, such as the DISH 300, which you would use a DP dual (single LNB) and aim that dish at 129, and connect that sat's output to the LNB In on the DPP Twin.

Then of course, there is always the option of the 1000.2 or now the 1000.4 with the western arc LNB, and of course there is the option of eastern arc with the 1000.4. Depends on if you want locals and which sat your local feeds are on. Looks like most of Iowa uses the Western Arc (110/119/129) but I found one market that uses Eastern Arc (61.5/72.7/77.)

not that into it, this is for a tailgate party at a Hawkeye game, want a TV and HD isn't going to be needed as everything gets kind of fuzzy anyway after a few hours. Thank you for you help!

Hook DVD Recorder to Dish

Where's Fearnet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)