Ok Gang... I am coming to the D* (ark side)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That was a good one Vurbano... I will make comparison of all three since I will have E* until tuesday night. As I often notice with all these comparison, they do not quite tell you the whole thing since there are so many things that can be happening behinds the scene and may affect the PQ. We can only see the image in front of our Tvs which can tell us today how it looks but tomorrow or later on maybe different (depending on what moves are happening that we are not aware of). It all comes down to your satisfaction level. VOOM gives me a whole bunch of HD in one hand and D* will provide that which VOOM lacks. My position will be changing always as HD channels are added to one system or another.

Sean Mota said:
I am getting 1 HDTIVO, 2 HD Receivers and 4 SD Receivers.

So have you told the V*er's out on the other side or are we keeping this a secret? BTW sounds like you have eiter a large family or like to watch way too much TV!

Carter said:
This makes me wonder about the E* and V* rumor if Sean is leaving E*.

Hmmm, maybe Voomers will have no reason to sub to E* as a second provider because of some kind of consolidation? I also notice that Sean is giving up Inhd.

Rick4464 said:
So have you told the V*er's out on the other side or are we keeping this a secret? BTW sounds like you have eiter a large family or like to watch way too much TV!

I have made it public. I am still keeping V*. So instead of having E*, C* and V*. I will have D* and V* only.

vurbano said:
Hmmm, maybe Voomers will have no reason to sub to E* as a second provider because of some kind of consolidation? I also notice that Sean is giving up Inhd.

Yes, INHD was good for MLB games... I will miss that. But I did not have much time to watch it.

Sean Mota said:
Yes, INHD was good for MLB games... I will miss that. But I did not have much time to watch it.

OK no offense but Ive been holding a zinger back.

LOL I guess YesHD is carrying the Yankees so youve gone over to the "dark side" so you can watch more of the "evil empire". :D LOL

GO BOSOX!

vurbano said:
OK no offense but Ive been holding a zinger back.

LOL I guess YesHD is carrying the Yankees so youve gone over to the "dark side" so you can watch more of the "evil empire". :D LOL

GO BOSOX!

My viewing habits are quite different than everyone else. I love baseball and like to watch the Yankees/Mets (I will miss the Mets in HD as well) vs everyone else. Not that I do not appreciate other teams as well. When I get EI I watch a lot of Boston games, it gives me an insight into their team. I wish I could get the HD presentation but I won't. I have a bias for NY Teams but would not hesitate to watch a good team like Boston/Atlanta or anyone else. I do not get too emotional about this. Baseball is fun...

Given the above... Right now I only have time to watch on Weekends. Most of my weekdays will be occupied until the summer and some weekends will be sacrified as well as I have other commitments. One reason I needed a DVR. I could have ordered the DVR through cable but Cable wanted 2 accounts for my home. I have a two family house and I couldn't get just one account for 7 receivers with them. I couldn't get the same with E* either. D* gave the seven receivers without any problems and now I can eliminate two $100+ accounts and combine them into one. There are pros and cons and I have looked at both. Given my personal situation, I think this is the best for me now until some better options arrive.

Sean, your getting the Sports Pak?.......let me know how it turns out....Congrats & please post how D* handles the MPEG4 upgrade for you later in the year. I live in Austin, Texas....don't know when I'm on for D* upgrade. I'd love to watch the NY vs Boston in HD...

Barney

On a whim, ( thought about this before 921 price drop.. Uhd and Galactica brought me over ) I traveled to Roswell this afternoon( 4 hours) and bought a Samsung SirTS360 hd receiver, just hooked it up and contacted csr... Hd net looks pretty much the same on both my 921 and the Samsung, with E* having a slight edge in sharpness... I had the dns( no abc) before 99 and right now I am getting all but abc in hd East and west Cbs hd looks pretty much alike on both... more reports later as Uhd beckons...( I got the hd pack, dropped playboy... and got sho for a month free )

Just let me know where you post what you think about the difference between D* & E* I had all for at one time after X-mas and Voom was the best then D*...E* & C last. On a brand new HDTV, but they are adding 1500 HD local channels this summer and that should realy screw up there PQ. But I was very upset with E* They lied and it was bad PQ

Thanks Sean for all the great stuff in the Voom Posts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Where is the bird?

s-video output from hughes stb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)