Off to a Bad Start

elloco07

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
I order Adelphia to try out their HD service, since DishN would not offer me the 942 dvr receiver. Well They guy comes and installs the 8300 receivers and unfortunately one of the boxes is not programmed, so he calls HQ to try to get it programmed and they say the DRIVER BOX is down. He tells me, this happens all the time on the weekends. So I am like if that is the Case WTF do they have installs on the weekends. He told me to try back at 6pm to get the box activated. I call back and they say it is still down. I tried about 1 hour ago and now the rep tells me their is no ETA on when it will be back up. So i have 1 receiver that I cannot view anything. I have another receiver where the DVR function is not active. This is really a Bad Start for Adelphia. If they do not get me up and running by Monday, I am cancelling it. No wonder more people are switching to satellite

Your experiences with Adelphia cable are not atypical. I once again, and for the last time, game Adelphia an opportunity to provide my video service after FOAM DBS shutdown their operation...mostly because they provided me with three low-cost HD DVRs. However, their video service and customer service was terrible, the SA8300HD DVRs sucked (cheesy construction, horrible PG, no firewire)...and those were the highlights of my Adelphia experience. Anyway, I paid the $250 HD DVR upgrade fee and couldn't be happier with the 942. I wish you good luck with Adelphia.

riffjim4069 said:
Your experiences with Adelphia cable are not atypical. I once again, and for the last time, game Adelphia an opportunity to provide my video service after FOAM DBS shutdown their operation...mostly because they provided me with three low-cost HD DVRs. However, their video service and customer service was terrible, the SA8300HD DVRs sucked (cheesy construction, horrible PG, no firewire)...and those were the highlights of my Adelphia experience. Anyway, I paid the $250 HD DVR upgrade fee and couldn't be happier with the 942. I wish you good luck with Adelphia.

Like I said if the box is not up by Monday, I will cancel the service and switch back to Dish, the only thing is I would have to cancel Dish and put it in my Fiances name, so i can get the option to upgrade to a 942. Let me ask you, Do you get all the Local channels in HD from Dish?

elloco07 said:
Let me ask you, Do you get all the Local channels in HD from Dish?
Currently, Dish does not provide HD LIL - they do however provide us with the analog channels if you subscribe to your local channel package. However, the 811 and 942 have ATSC tuners (used to receive free Over-the-Air DTV) and I receive my digital locals from Washington DC, Richmond and Charlottesville VA, and Baltimore MD with my two UHF antennas: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=153846&postcount=176

I understand you're new to OTA antennas, so you may wish to take a look at these two websites...great info: http://www.dtv.gov/ and http://www.fcc.gov/dtv/

I quit Adelphia and went back to dish. I could not stand the SD channels, they look so horrible even on a SD TV. Dish has definetly a better PQ. Also the 8300 DVR sucks. It has the worst software compare to dish, which is more user friendly. Bye Bye Adelphia.

Hd Channels Not Coming In

How do I receive a Wireless Cable Video Signal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)