No local HD in DC metro area??

Vztech

Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Manassas, VA
I just moved to Manassas, VA from North Jersey and got Dish Network. I have realized after the fact that there are no local hd channels like cbs, nbc, fox, abc etc....the dish people told me that the major networks now want more money or something and that they did have these channels in hd, now they are apparently negotiating. Does anyone know anything about this, I cant find any info on this problem anywhere!!

The Washington, DC HD locals come off satellite 61.5. What satellite numbers show up in your system info screen (menu-6-1-3)?

If you can send your phone number or account number in a Private Message, I can see what's going on.

We get the following stations via satellite:

IND-WNVC 56
PBS-WHUT 32
NBC-WHAG 25
FOX-WTTG 5
ABC-WJLA 7
CW-WDCW 50
MNT-WDCA 20
PBS-WVPY 42
PBS-WETA 26
WNVT 53
CBS WUSA HD 9
CBS-WUSA 9
TELEF-WFDC 14
NBC-WRC 4
FOX-WTTG HD 5
IND-WJAL 68
ION-WPXW 66
ABC-WJLA HD 7
CW-WDCW HD 50
NBC-WRC HD 4

Note that the 4 HD locals come off 61.5 which you should get via an Eastern Arc dish. (Duplicated SD channels are only available on Western Arc.)

I just got off the phone with him. He was installed with WA sats, and notes didn't specify LOS issues at original install, so I have someone going back out to attempt EA install and verify LOS.

Via Satellite has some real dunderheads. I got 3 in a row on my Dishmover installation. One claimed they get $25/job regardless of difficulty. :eek: But more recently I had a young guy put up an EA dish for me and he did an excellent job. Only trouble: he let one of my old duals fall and it came crashing to the ground and broke into a million pieces. Fortunately nobody was in front of the house at the time, or they could have gotten seriously hurt.

Oh, I've seen Via trucks. In front of my townhouse, and then my house. Former, not so good. Latter, pretty good.

Sig viewed

No sound!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)