New to Direct

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As I scanned the article it seemed as though two different devices were discussed, a standalone DVR and the HMC.

Based on the description, I do not believe either of the two devices are available yet. I believe the next generation of D* DVRs will be out in the second half of 2006.

Other members may have better info however.

The last link you posted tells you it is a R15 just read the forum for DVR and you will get plenty of info on the R15.

boba said:
The last link you posted tells you it is a R15 just read the forum for DVR and you will get plenty of info on the R15.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I found the model name, What I have found so far does not look like there are any hacks for this box, let alone a lot of people who have or want this box.

Any good info learning about direct.

What I have read so far indicates that there is some sort of international signal that I could pick up with another dish.....

Anything else I need to know about?

creedog:

No, that's about it. The R15 shipped in November -- so yes, there are relatively few out and about in the world, and even fewer enthusiasts who are actively trying to get into it.

I read about a bounty Weaknees issued to be able to upgrade drives, but it seems to no longer exist. I guess in ran afoul with DirecTV.

H

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirecTV internal destackers

need help..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)