new satellite

In my opinion LOCALS ,LOCALS and more LOCALS complete with all the lesser viewed channels on the 61.5/148 sats. Dish is going to have all the locals on a "one Dish solution" and the Superdish is that. I have heard they plan no more hd channels for next year unless they plan to suddenly transition to mpeg4 . Then all bets are off.

Echostar is being somewhat tight lipped about assignment plans. But the rumor still has it AMC-15 is a prime candidate for some additional HD content. No solid word has been made on assignments amongst 148, 61.5, 105, or 121. Yes there is a one dish local mandate and this is exactly what it sounds like...one dish for your locals. From my understanding, this does not mean everyone's locals...i.e. L.A. locals may all be moved to 148, NY to 61.5, ad so forth...it will mean no splitting up of a DMA's locals or must carries, example, having some of your locals on 105 and some on 61.5. Again my take on this is that this does not mean the mandate includes premium channel or AT lineups, premiums and/or AT lineups do not need to be on the same dish as locals.

Just my 2 cents,
Jason

nippjas said:
Out of curiosity and pure speculation...Doesn't Voom already operate on MPEG4.
I was under the impression that one of the major cable companies (Comcast or Charter?) was going to MPEG4 for HD before any of the satellite companies. I saw this on a NEC program on HDNET some months back.

Legacy Quad and switches...Can you do it?

Any Specials on the HD Pack?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)