new install help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jpoblete79

Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
I am doing an install of an int'l dish, model dtv36eds. I haven't been able to get any satellite signals. I have used an alignment set from three sources - dish manual, D10 receiver, and direct tv website. I have two cables coming from the 101 and 1 from the 95 going into a zinwell 4x4. Is this the correct switch? My coordinates listed on my sat manual is - 27.5 lat, 82.5 long, mag az 201, el 55, skew 113 which is what my sat is currently set to now. I am trying to pick up the filipino channels plus my basic choice plan. I am in land o lakes, fl - zip 34638. Help!

the 101 is a dual lnb on my dish. which cable do i need to hook directly into the receiver? also, what alignments should i be setting the dish to when i do this? thanks for your help.

ok, i finally got the signal! now, how do i get the int'l satellite to show up on the receiver? i tried doing the auto detect that direct tv had me do, but the 95 still doesn't show up. any suggestions?

if not 95 you are not on that satellite.

make sure that you only do one rvcr at a time and that they are all on channel 100 when you are doing it......

i recently did a 95 install and i was off by 1.5 degrees and got nothing....moved it the 1.5 degrees and wham it popped in

also make sure that if you are using a 4*4 the 95 goes into the 18v port

a big thanks for everyone's input, i finally found 101 and 95! what i needed to do first was get the 101 working first. then i went through two updates (they popped up automatically on channel 200). i then did an auto setup. the 95 showed, but with a signal of 24. the int'l channels don't seem to be fazed by the weak signal. i don't know if i should leave it or if should tweak it. the 101 shows a strong signal. thanks again for everyone's help. this forum is awesome!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

receiver question

Directv pay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)