New Install Few Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bkushner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Audubon, NJ
Had install today and I'm having a couple of issues.

HDDVR

1. Channel 76 HDT comes through in 3 variations. Either it will say searching for signal, give me a normal picture or a pixalated mess. This is the only channel so far doing this.

2. Optical Audio out does not work when powering receiver. One of two things seem to correct it. Either unplug and plug back in the optical cable or change channel?

Not real familiar with the signal testing functions (10 year dish cust). I did notice one thing, when looking at signal strength on the 110 tuner A is 97% and tuner B is 56%. Seems to only be on the 110. Then other sats tuner a and b are similar signals.

Would appreciate thoughts on this, especially the single channel 76 problem.

Brian

Is it possible that not receiving ONE channel out of hundreds would be an installer problem? Same with optical out. Sounds more like a receiver problem?

Brian

It may very well be (I am not 100% sure based on your explanation) but I sure would not have allowed it to be left like that on install day.

My Guess is the receiver.

Well it would work then not work and after 3 hours the installer said he had no more receivers and if it kept up to call support. Said he's never seen anything like it.

Swap the cables on the back of the receiver to see if tuners A and B signals reverse themselves, if so your 110 LNB maybe bad. Just you know CH76 is on 110. It was possible sometimes your receiver was on tuner A other times on tuner B, which explains the problem. 56% signal will not kill the channel but some channels are on a weaker transponder, so when you see 56% on your test transponder, the weaker one could be only 20% which definitely will cause loss of picture.

Swap the cables on the back of the receiver to see if tuners A and B signals reverse themselves, if so your 110 LNB maybe bad. Just you know CH76 is on 110. It was possible sometimes your receiver was on tuner A other times on tuner B, which explains the problem. 56% signal will not kill the channel but some channels are on a weaker transponder, so when you see 56% on your test transponder, the weaker one could be only 20% which definitely will cause loss of picture.

I figured as much I am now seeing tuner 2 getting 40/50% while 1 is at 100%. And your right, when I get 76 it's coming through on Tuner 1 when it hits tuner 2 I get the searching for signal.

I said 5 times that it was at the dish and he said absolutely not. He did not want to go back up. He complained the whole time of wanting to go home as he had a headache. I offered him Tylenol he says he doesn't take anything for headaches, a real gem.

Now, how do I solve my sound problem. Digital out both coaxial and optical do not work when receiver first comes on. Sometimes switching channels brings the audio in other times unplugging and replugging the cable brings it back and sometimes nothing brings it back, it just comes back in a few minutes?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

D*'s DVR scheduler

Anybody here from canada?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)