New Hampshire apartments to get fiber (RUMOR):

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
I'm going to provide a list of apartments within New Hampshire that Verizon is talking with to wire fiber. First I'm only going to list the apartment complexes I've been told are being worked on and as such this must stay rumor until verified. I haven't had much time to work with contacts up here yet so I may be very slow adding to this list.

I've been told that the Fairways in Derry, NH will soon be upgraded to fiber. Phone service will use the existing phone jacks within the house while both internet and TV service will use the existing coax cables in each apartment. Verizon has been talking with Fairways since the first of the year and I'm told that they are getting close to a deal with the apartment complex. Verizon is trying hard to have this complex wired by the time they think Derry will have a franchise deal in place for TV service so that would be by years end. By the way the Fairways has over 800 apartment units so this will be a very big deal. I've also been told that the poles have been wired with fiber so all that is left is wiring the fiber from the poles at the road to each apartment building.

Also I've been told that those fiber black boxes on the poles that have several connectors on them that connect to specific houses work differently with apartment complexes.

Today for areas with seperate houses those boxes on the pole have a connector for each house. Now with apartments this same connection will go to a building. So only one fiber run must be made from the pole to each building. After that the new MDU ONTs can take that one fiber run to serve upto 16 apartment units.

I hope that gives you an overview of how apartments will work and as I find out more apartments I will post them in this thread.

korsjs said:
have you heard anything about the tampa area apartments getting hooked up?

My contacts are in Pinellas County so they are getting in contact with the people who are dealing with apartment complexes in the city of Tampa and other cities who have FIOS TV available. They don't have anytype of national database if you will so it will be hit or miss as far as who the person is dealing with each area.

Issue with last software upgrade

AT&T’s IPTV Plan OK in Connecticut

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)