My transistion to fiber

MartyDe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
CT
I finally was able to make a switch from cable (Cox) to fiber. There are two fiber companies on my street, Frontier and Gonetspeed. I tried Frontier first because they were my old wired phone company. When I called it was like talking to Cox. Took awhile to get to the right person. Explained I wanted fiber connect with phone. I was given there lowest intro deals. I found out they had to get payment direct from bank account. To get auto pay on credit card $5 extra. OK we'll see.
Gonetspeed was a 100% online experience. Packages listed, pick speed, add phone, simple. No charge to auto pay on credit card. I signed up with them and was presented with an appointment page. Selected date and time, all done. Install was smooth and so far I'm happy. Had to go to a site to set up account payment after install.
I'll say prices were real close and it did not influence my decision. I just liked the Gonetspeed process much better than Frontier's.

I have Cox fiber now with data cap. Just waiting for the day we have some competition. Afters years of failed Windstream promises, it appears Metronet has decided to move into the area and broken ground on pulling fiber throughout the City over the next 2 years. Of course we heard the same thing from Windstream 3 yrs ago and haven't seen anything but the same old faulty 3Mbps DSL.

can dvbdream be used for qam?

Verizon buying Frontier